Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanchoPanchoPancho
As some of you here know, I recently bought a 1970 914-6. It came with different seats than the ones I've always seen in 914s, could any of you tell me if these seats that I show you in the photo were optional from Porsche or were they a RECARO option for these cars?

Please ignore the upholstery, obviously someone modified it to their very particular taste.

Thanks in advance!
mepstein
My opinion, those were never available from Porsche. They look like a very nice custom made seat and putting my neck out, I’m guessing they were made in the last 5-10 years.
Remember, 914-6 seats were just like the early 4 seats. Fixed passenger and early back pad. It’s easy to modify the car to take later adjustable passenger seats. I did that to mine in the mid 80’s.

It would be helpful if you took shots of the bottom, back and base with the cushion removed. Curious to see if these are modified 914 shells or Scheel or Recaro seats.
gereed75
Beat me to it Mark.....

Looks like a fairly recent custom made seat.

By the way, a 70 year car had only one movable seat. The passenger side is a fixed sort of bench affair. If your car has two movable seats it was modified, most likely with the addition of a later model year back pad.

Enjoy your new passion!
914Sixer
Those are 911 seats. The seat back angle tells the story. Could be Scheel
or Recaro . Picture of factory 914 seat back. 2nd picture of Scheel 300 911 seat.
PanchoPanchoPancho
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 29 2022, 07:37 AM) *

Those are 911 seats. The seat back angle tells the story. Could be Scheel
or Recaro . Picture of factory 914 seat back. 2nd picture of Scheel 300 911 seat.

Thank you Mark beerchug.gif
PanchoPanchoPancho
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 28 2022, 06:54 PM) *

My opinion, those were never available from Porsche. They look like a very nice custom made seat and putting my neck out, I’m guessing they were made in the last 5-10 years.
Remember, 914-6 seats were just like the early 4 seats. Fixed passenger and early back pad. It’s easy to modify the car to take later adjustable passenger seats. I did that to mine in the mid 80’s.

It would be helpful if you took shots of the bottom, back and base with the cushion removed. Curious to see if these are modified 914 shells or Scheel or Recaro seats.

At the moment this is the only photo I have of the back of the seats, I already sent them to be reupholstered, next Monday I will ask photos of them without linings and detailed photos of the structures.
PanchoPanchoPancho
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Dec 28 2022, 06:58 PM) *

Beat me to it Mark.....

Looks like a fairly recent custom made seat.

By the way, a 70 year car had only one movable seat. The passenger side is a fixed sort of bench affair. If your car has two movable seats it was modified, most likely with the addition of a later model year back pad.

Enjoy your new passion!

Thank you! beer.gif
burton73
My 6 has custom interior made from a one Scheel seat that was in the car and the factory driver’s seat made as an extra seat if I want to change out. Very custom leather work.

Some pictures of interior and the frame set up from the Scheel 914 seat that Dale made wider for my fat ass. The pair you have look nice. Save the leather. Some one would love to buy that.

Sorry that I do not have more pictures that I can find at this moment

Best Bob B
welcome.png
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=861
322]Click to view attachment
914rrr
Pics of Scheels in my 914 2.0 Turbo. IIRC, they cost $750 EACH ...in the 70's!! I removed them and put stock seats back in when I removed the Turbo and plumbing. When I posted them for sale, I had 911 R Gruppe-ers fighting over them!!!

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
I’m guessing they are reupholstered Koenig replicas of the OG scheel seats mentioned above. I have them in my car and they are great…if you are slim and skip pull-up/lay workout days.
beltwerks
Do you think this seat will fit ok in a 914.?
IPB ImageWhatsApp Image 2024-02-18 at 22.42.24_6ee7ba46 by stretch1985, on Flickr
mepstein
QUOTE(beltwerks @ Feb 19 2024, 05:22 PM) *

IPB ImageWhatsApp Image 2024-02-18 at 22.42.24_6ee7ba46 by stretch1985, on Flickr

Pull out the stock seat and put that one in its place. See how it looks. If you are tall, it might not go back far enough for you. Many aftermarket seats require you to remove the padded firewall piece and replace it with perlon.
914_Tcup
QUOTE(burton73 @ Dec 29 2022, 07:13 PM) *

My 6 has custom interior made from a one Scheel seat that was in the car and the factory driver’s seat made as an extra seat if I want to change out. Very custom leather work.

Some pictures of interior and the frame set up from the Scheel 914 seat that Dale made wider for my fat ass. The pair you have look nice. Save the leather. Some one would love to buy that.

Sorry that I do not have more pictures that I can find at this moment

Best Bob B
welcome.png
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

DANG Bob...the car and seats are a work of art!!! smilie_pokal.gif
beltwerks
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 19 2024, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(beltwerks @ Feb 19 2024, 05:22 PM) *

Pull out the stock seat and put that one in its place. See how it looks. If you are tall, it might not go back far enough for you. Many aftermarket seats require you to remove the padded firewall piece and replace it with perlon.

Thanks Mark. That was the plan with perlon as i want to fit my harnesses to the firewall. Kinda narrow body GT. Just need to find a decent shell now. smile.gif Collecting parts keeps me focused.
Regards
Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no one could order recaro sport seats but not a regular option. The ones pictured are an aftermarket similar look but in no way covered like the originals. Here is a partial picture of factory recarro seats

QUOTE(PanchoPanchoPancho @ Dec 28 2022, 05:23 PM) *

As some of you here know, I recently bought a 1970 914-6. It came with different seats than the ones I've always seen in 914s, could any of you tell me if these seats that I show you in the photo were optional from Porsche or were they a RECARO option for these cars?

Please ignore the upholstery, obviously someone modified it to their very particular taste.

Thanks in advance!

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
Those are chinese reps. They came out on ebay a few years ago. The headrest and red threads were likely done by the upholstery shop when first installed.

I have a pair I acquired with an after-build parts stash garage cleaning. I don't find them that comfortable at 6 ft 180 lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.