Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another member passed away. Sean Molloy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I just saw this Facebook post by Sean's partner that he passed away last night. I am shocked. He was in top shape doing mountain biking and martial arts.
He has not been active here since 2018 but went by Sean V8 914.
ValcoOscar
OH NO...

I haven't spoken to him in about a year.
I am in shock.

RIP

Not a good way to end the year sad.gif

Oscar
Steve
Wow what a shock. He wasn't that old and last I saw him he was in great shape. However that was a couple of years ago at one of Bruce's swap meets. He was a really nice guy and amazing welder, which I think he learned in the Navy.
infraredcalvin
RIP, so sorry to hear…
Geezer914
So sorry for her loss. Sad he was a young guy. That is how I would like to go, in my sleep, no suffering with a bunch of tubes keeping me alive.
JeffBowlsby
RIP Sean. Good 914 memories of you over the years. Regards to his family for his loss.
tygaboy
I never met Sean and can't imagine how difficult this is for his family and friends.
Words fail...
bdstone914
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 29 2022, 03:42 PM) *

Wow what a shock. He wasn't that old and last I saw him he was in great shape. However that was a couple of years ago at one of Bruce's swap meets. He was a really nice guy and amazing welder, which I think he learned in the Navy.

Sean was 55. Not sure he learned welding in the Navy.
He was a Navy Seal for ten years. Had many goid stories to tell.

He was in top shape doing long distance mountain bike rides.

eric9144
Oh no!
Sean was a San Diego guy, a bit off the radar for the past few years but 914 buddy to many--also had played a huge part in the Ghost Busters tribute Ecto-1 that was down here in San Diego as well, all around good guy. Sad...RIP
914Sixer
You just never know when you will get the call. Going to be missed. sad.gif
burton73
Very sorry to hear about the loss of Sean losing too many friends passed on, it's the worst part of getting older.

May his memory be a blessing to all that loved him RIP Sean

Best Bob B
rick 918-S
Very Sad Day. I hate loosing track of friends. We should all try to meet up again at least once a year.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
RIP Sean. I was fortunate to have met you at the G & R Swapmeet.
brant
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 29 2022, 06:52 PM) *

Very Sad Day. I hate loosing track of friends. We should all try to meet up again at least once a year.

Click to view attachment

Now you have to come to RRC!
brant
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 29 2022, 06:52 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Now you have to come to RRC!

I’ve got a spare room near Denver
A lift and parts/tools
Hot meals and a hot shower
rick 918-S
I will definitely be working twords that goal. It's been too long.
rick 918-S
Pretty sure this is Sean's car with Susan driving.

Hope I am remembering correctly. 4/23/05
Click to view attachment
76-914
Damn. So sad and way too early. The first time I met him was 12 years ago at a G&R at Ron's place. He had just gotten a speeding ticket in his 914V8 on the way up from SD. I liked his "out of the box thinking" by accessing the tunnel from beneath rather than tear the interior out of a customer's car to make a repair from inside the cabin. sad.gif
cali914
My condolences to you and his family. 914 buddies included
tpines
I am so sorry to hear this. I just spoke with Sean a couple of months ago about rebuilding my engine. I wanted him.to do it as he did awesome work on my previous 914. He didn't take on many new clients and I felt so fortunate to have gotten to know him. He wasn't just my mechanic; he was my friend. I will truly miss him.

Clark
dr914@autoatlanta.com
a very conscientious particular meticulous guy that one would never expect to die so young. We have lost another 914 craftsman that we could nil afford to lose
Mikey914
Wow, RIP Sean,
You will be missed.
yeahmag
RIP Sean. I enjoyed all of our talks.
Dion
Never met. Remember his postings. RIP
My condolences to his family & friends.
jim_hoyland
I found this pic of Sean taken at El Toro in 2007
campbellcj
RIP Sean
Dr Evil
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 29 2022, 05:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 29 2022, 03:42 PM) *

Sean was 55. Not sure he learned welding in the Navy.
He was a Navy Seal for ten years. Had many goid stories to tell.

He was in top shape doing long distance mountain bike rides.

I know we talked about this offline, but it came up again recently.

While Sean was a nice guy, charismatic, fun to be around, lively, he had mental health issues. One of them was his compulsion to tell people he was a SEAL. He was not. Recently, a customer came to drop off a transmission and he knew Sean and asked about our relationship. Sean and Jame (redbeard) and I were very think back in the early 2000s. That was, until Seans stories started to get a but "Hollywood" and inconsistent. Back then there was a site for looking up fake SEALS (now there are several; google SEAL + Stolen Valor). He was outed, admitted it to us, and we all stopped talking to him as there were other pathological un-truths that he was stating that just made association difficult.
Now, I actually have no negative feelings about Sean. He had a mental illness. Its one I understand well having a degree in psych, and my MD and working in mental health as part of my practice. What did vex me a bit is to find out that my name was brought up frequently, and not in a good light. He knew he could do this in SoCal as I moved away, and that area is its own little micro-system of 914 folks (I miss it, but the rest of the country aint bad, either).
He admitted in public to not being a SEAL in 2005 right before I move away from San Diego. We were at a business dinner and the secretary was dating a Master Chief SEAL. MC asked Sean at the dinner table, in front of everyone, what he did in the Navy and Sean told him he was in Special Boats (the guys that drop off and pick up the SEALs from missions). This one is still badass, harder to confirm, and I would also be dubious about. MC left that conversation at that.
Sean also said he was an Electronics Technician in the Navy. I was an Avionics Tech, so knew a thing or two. He stories didnt add up. The company that we were at a dinner party for was one where he was contracted to work on some electrical circuits. Those circuits kept failing and no one, even Sean, could figure out why. I needed some money between college and med school so I went to work there for a little bit. I fixed the circuit problem. The circuit was drawn by an EE, it was fine. The simple fact of ordering and soldering the parts to the board correctly was what Sean didnt get correct. Ordered chips for 7v that were on a 14v circuit. Its a similar mistake as putting diesel in your 914. So, you can see why I would have suspicion about everything he said.

If you have heard stories about me from Sean, feel free to ask me directly. Im not perfect, but the shit I have heard him say about me that is recently coming to light is just stupid. Why he felt the need to invoke my name long after we agreed to stay out of each others lives is beyond me. I have had to rescue his customers from shoddy builds in the past, and kept that shit to myself...until now.

I went looking for the emails between us where he admitted to me he was not a SEAL, ever. Checked here, 914club directs to AA so I guess they are gone, and PP was a strike. Also, private email was a strike. Quite honestly, I likely deleted it to avoid starting drama every time he stated his false SEAL claim. Those who know me, know me. They know I dont lie, and much worse I am often too honest ( to a fault). So take it for what it is.
rick 918-S
Way to attack a guy that can no longer defend himself. The fact that he served and I was denied the opportunity is good enough for me. Maybe move on... confused24.gif
73-914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 18 2024, 11:30 AM) *

Way to attack a guy that can no longer defend himself. The fact that he served and I was denied the opportunity is good enough for me. Maybe move on... confused24.gif

I only have 1 question. Did he ever show you his DD-214?
Dr Evil

Way to read what you want into it. I specifically stated that I left this alone for almost 2 decades until I found my name constantly being brought up, to me, in reference to him and his stories of which I was a feature, but that never actually happened. BTW, I served, and am a life time VFW member. Not that it matters, speaking about truth can come from anyone.
What does your denial of service have to do with anything in this matter??
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2024, 12:11 PM) *

Way to read what you want into it. I specifically stated that I left this alone for almost 2 decades until I found my name constantly being brought up, to me, in reference to him and his stories of which I was a feature, but that never actually happened. BTW, I served, and am a life time VFW member. Not that it matters, speaking about truth can come from anyone.

Nothing really. Just respect and envy those that were allowed to do their part in any compacity. Don't you think it's weird and kind of small for you to come out with a rant about what someone may or may not have said about you how many years ago? The guy is dead maybe get a thicker skin and move on with your life.

Life is too short to dwell on things like that.

Dr Evil
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 18 2024, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 18 2024, 12:11 PM) *

Nothing really. Just respect and envy those that were allowed to do their part in any compacity. Don't you think it's weird and kind of small for you to come out with a rant about what someone may or may not have said about you how many years ago? The guy is dead maybe get a thicker skin and move on with your life.

Life is too short to dwell on things like that.

Telling me to get thicker skin, while you are replying to a thread that has nothing to do with you. Interesting.

I was prompted to post up as a defense against shit said about me. The lies, which were verified, were believed by many and if verifiable things he said were lies you may wish to question other things that he was saying. You took that and went the wrong way with military being the focus. Re-read.
If I would have found this shit out sooner, I would have dealt with it publicly and called him out. I cant determine that time I find out someone has been spreading lies about me. Simply because someone who lied about you has passed is no reason to leave the lie indelible. Thats idiotic.

This is also about my business. I dont advertise, I am 100% word of mouth. Thus, it matters when I am being smeared. How would you like to find out that after I died I was telling everyone BS about you and costing you business? That cost continues posthumously, by the way, unless you speak out and correct the record.

"weird and kind of small for you to come out with a rant about what someone may or may not have said about you"

Did say, and corroborated from multiple points of reference. I only came out because of what came to light and that it matters. Re-read. I was plenty fine letting the shit I knew about go for 20yrs. Why now? Because he couldnt keep my name out of his mouth. Because people were believing lies about me and my shop. You have a right to defend yourself when you are defamed, so do I.
914-300Hemi
RIP Sean. Prayers to the family.

@Dr Evil sorry you had deal with the negative comments but anyone who meets you or talks to you knows that you have an amazing passion for our cars.

It is that passion that holds us together.
rick 918-S
Well it's one thing to state that someone may have said something bad about you. At this point Sean can neither apologize or defend what ever it is that is causing your drama.

It is entirely another thing to bring up someone's mental health and military record like yours is any better. If you have an axe to grind with Sean his ship has sailed. Let it go. I hope when a post is made about your passing someone doesn't start a flame fest about your life and past.

Rest is peace Sean.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2024, 08:06 AM) *

Well it's one thing to state that someone may have said something bad about you. At this point Sean can neither apologize or defend what ever it is that is causing your drama.

It is entirely another thing to bring up someone's mental health and military record like yours is any better. If you have an axe to grind with Sean his ship has sailed. Let it go. I hope when a post is made about your passing someone doesn't start a flame fest about your life and past.

Rest is peace Sean.

If anyone has stuff to post about me they have always been welcome to do such at any time. Anything said after my passing, I promise, I won’t care. Maybe someone like you will take umbrage in my stead. I hope not. Your virtue signaling is about you, not anyone else. This is proven by your constantly missing my clearly stated points and intentions.
As a mental health professional, and a military veteran, from a long line of veterans, who also work at the VA taking care of veterans up until this past Dec, and who now sees veterans at a discount in his own clinic, I have the right to make the statements that I did, and do. The point of posting was as stated; to clear my name. The lies I highlighted were evidence, verified, to support my assertions. In veterans circles, though, stolen valor is among the highest offenses a service member or former service member can commit. It’s why several have already contacted me to offer support privately rather than argue here with folks who can’t quite understand because they haven’t served.
rick 918-S
OMG! Put you Coo Coo back in your clock! Geeze the guy is dead!
ConeDodger
RIP Sean…
Geezer914
So sad, so young. R.I.P Sean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.