Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sticker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pierre1973
Hello, I bought the original stickers that I have to stick after painting. Could you send me pics of where they should go? Thank you so much.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Look in the 914 restorers guide to authenticity, shows them all and where they go even in color!!! http://www.autoatlanta.com/914-Porsche-Res...PN-RBK1071.html

QUOTE(Pierre1973 @ Dec 30 2022, 12:45 AM) *

Hello, I bought the original stickers that I have to stick after painting. Could you send me pics of where they should go? Thank you so much.

Mikey914
Which stickers are you looking to place?
Pierre1973
It s all the sticker s 2L.
Pierre1973
hello, do i have to buy this book to know where are all the stikers?
wonkipop
well, given its a french market car, it ain't going to have american stickers on it.

it won't have had a Vin sticker in the door jamb like a USA car.
it won't have an emission sticker.
it won't have a vin number plate on windscreen.

not sure what they stuck on euro cars.
but maybe the restorer's guide book will help you.
i don't have a recent edition of that.
someone here will know.

i have a vague recollection of a english delivery 73 2.0 that is here that a mate of mine owned. i remember it had a sticker on the fuel tank with the tyre pressures and it had a different sticker in the door jamb that wasn't a Vin sticker. it was something else.
french cars might have had similar.

what color is your car?
or was your car?
silver?
same guy with the car i mention above had a photo of a silver 914 he took in french noumea sometime in the early 80s. they were around in the french pacific colonies.

i would have thought they all had rusted away by now?
StarBear
QUOTE(Pierre1973 @ Jan 1 2023, 05:01 AM) *

hello, do i have to buy this book to know where are all the stikers?

A great book to have if you intend to keep an accurate 914, IMHO.
JeffBowlsby
Post a photo of the stickers you have and perhaps we can help locate them on the car for you.
Pierre1973
Hello WONKIPOP, thank you very much for these answers. The original car was deplhi green then was repainted green. I bought it without the engine and the bodywork was very damaged. I redid everything and bought a 2l in France. I redid the original color. deplhi green.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Pierre1973
Hello,

ok i think i will buy it
Pierre1973
Hello,

I am currently France but I live in New Caledonia. And the car is in New Caledonia. As soon as I get home I will send the photos of the stickers. Thanks again.
Pierre1973
Hello,
Otherwise I am desperately looking for this part not too expensive but I can not find it.Click to view attachment
wonkipop
@Pierre1973

funny enough your delphi green 914 is an exact match of my old mate's 1973 914.
it was delphi green too. though the color was called saturn yellow metallic for the UK market.

it was a UK delivery car that was converted to right hand drive in the UK then shipped to Australia back in 1974. this is an old photo of it from 30 years ago.
unfortunately i don't have any close detail photos of it.

your car looks like a nice find. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

not sure where you would get the european VW-Porsche badge for the rear panel.
there is a 914 club in france. maybe some members can help you.
someone is bound to have an original european delivery car that maybe still has the stickers on it etc for reference?

http://914-porscheclub.fr/PorscheClubs/pc_...in.nsf/web/home
wonkipop
ps @Pierre1973

amazing that there are still some 914s that survive out there in the pacific islands that were former french territories. i'd heard the stories 30 years ago. now we've seen the proof. great stuff.

Mikey914
Check With Johannas, He is the president of the French 914 Club. There very may well be significant variations on what and how stickers were placed for that market. I do not remember his handle here but could drop you his email if you want to PM me.
-Mark
wonkipop
@Pierre1973

this is about as much as i can help you with from material i have. i did have some old images of the delphi green UK delivered car here when it was last auctioned about 15 years ago. they were very low res images. but you can just see enough to remind me how it went.

the tyre pressure sticker was on the right hand side inner front guard.
(i was mistaken it was on the fuel tank like USA cars, but i remember there being one in the front somewhere).
it was a universal sticker for europe in 3 languages.
thanks to @JeffBowlsby the master historian with his wonderful website you can actually reference one. he has one in his archive!! thanks mr. b. beerchug.gif
i don't think the french or german cars were different. but maybe check with a french owner if you can make contact as @Mikey914 suggests.

link

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zPLM_A8E1.jpg

there was also a fuel RON rating sticker in the same place as it was pretty much on USA cars. again jeff bowlsby has one in his website archive. beerchug.gif

RON 95 for a euro 2.0

https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zPLM_A5D.jpg

i don't have any engine bay photos of that car.
one thing i remember - it definitely did not have any sort of emissions sticker above the engine bay fuse box like USA cars. no real emissions laws in europe at that time.

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
this is the badge you are after.
it will be a black one.
good luck finding one. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(Pierre1973 @ Jan 1 2023, 10:41 AM) *

Hello,
Otherwise I am desperately looking for this part not too expensive but I can not find it.Click to view attachment

looks like there is a VW-porsche badge for sale on ebay germany at the moment.
not cheap!
chrome.
could be painted black or just use the chrome one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125678133284?hash=...%3ABFBMmI-GgK5h

you would also probably need to the get 2.0 badge that goes underneath it separately.
not sure but i think its just the same as the 2.0 used on USA cars. you can get those from all sorts of retailers as a separate piece.

i've got a mate in paris who has a client with a 914.
i sent an email off to him.
the client and car are in portugal.
my mate thinks its a french delivery car.
is going to ask his client about the stickers for you.
maybe we might get some photos if they are still intact on that car.
bkrantz
You might find many of the stickers in the European owners manual and the factory repair manual. You can find free files for these online.
Pierre1973
Hello,

So many nice people on this forum. it's really awesome. Many thanks for all these answers. I can start looking for the emblem and stick my stickers
Pierre1973
Hello,

It is true that it is expensive!
Thank you for asking your friend questions.
krazykonrad
welcome.png
New Caledonia must be like living in paradise. Having a 914 there is even better!
wonkipop
QUOTE(Pierre1973 @ Jan 2 2023, 02:28 AM) *

Hello,

It is true that it is expensive!
Thank you for asking your friend questions.

my mate got back to me.
his client's car in portugal is under restoration.
was a a bit of a mess and not in original condition when he got it.
said engine bay and front trunk had been shot in black paint.

but he sent me this link.
french delivery car currently for sale in toulouse.
has a shot of the front trunk.
(typical european car ad, no engine bay shots!! what is it with that? - so can't find you info for engine bay).
same layout for front trunk stickers as UK delivery.

Click to view attachment

you want this sticker for tyre pressure.
not same as US delivery cars.

Click to view attachment

-----

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
johannes
Salut Pierre. Le plus simple serait de poser la question sur le forum du club Porsche 914 France...

https://porsche914.1fr1.net/

A+
Johannes
Pierre1973
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Jan 3 2023, 01:00 PM) *

welcome.png
New Caledonia must be like living in paradise. Having a 914 there is even better!

cheer.gif
Pierre1973
Thanks a lot

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-----

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
[/quote]
Pierre1973
QUOTE(johannes @ Jan 5 2023, 08:23 PM) *

Salut Pierre. Le plus simple serait de poser la question sur le forum du club Porsche 914 France...

https://porsche914.1fr1.net/

A+
Johannes

Merci oui. Je me suis inscrit. Mais y'avait vraiment beaucoup de monde c'est top.
Pierre
Pierre1973
[quote name='Pierre1973' date='Jan 6 2023, 09:15 PM' post='3049480']
Thanks a lot

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

-----

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks a lot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.