Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huge thanks to Tony!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
Hey all - Thought some of you might enjoy seeing these:

I'd like to give a huge thanks to Tony @Retroracer for one of the coolest gifts I've ever had the pleasure of receiving. A little background first:
Those of you who've followed my LS or Ferrari build threads know that Tony has offered up a number of design sketches as styling suggestions - most famously, his hood vent drawing that I used as, well, I don't think "inspiration" quite imparts the impact on that build. After all, it was "the sketch that launched 1000 vents"! av-943.gif

Anyway, a few months back Tony stopped by to say hi and, much to my thrilled surprise, handed me the original drawings and a couple that had been enlarged! I couldn't believe it!! They are beyond cool - and so meaningful to me.

I immediately ran to the framing shop and ordered what I needed. The parts finally arrived and I've spent the past couple evenings getting everything put together and I couldn't resist sharing.

Presenting "The RetroRacer 914s: Building Outlaws Collection". Opening soon on a wall at The Red Barn residence.

As I mentioned to Tony, when I sell the cars, if the buyer wants the original artwork, that's just gotta be worth an extra $50K! shades.gif

Tony, thank you so much for the incredible gifts. You da' man! pray.gif
Craigers17
Those drawings are super cool. I like his rendering of the deck lid with the dual humps extending out from the intakes....looks like it's kinda paying homage to the late model speedsters with their dual hump convertible top covers....it also flows nicely!
Superhawk996
aktion035.gif very cool always jealous of those that can actually render an idea in 3D.

I failed art class sad.gif
AZBanks
I don't think those are the right sizes and colors for the frames. You better check with the "design committee" for approval before hanging them up. happy11.gif stirthepot.gif
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jan 3 2023, 08:41 AM) *

I don't think those are the right sizes and colors for the frames. You better check with the "design committee" for approval before hanging them up. happy11.gif stirthepot.gif

The Committee for Reviewing the Decisions of the Design Review Committe
@AZBanks - Chief Review Reviewer
BillC
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jan 3 2023, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jan 3 2023, 08:41 AM) *

The Committee for Reviewing the Decisions of the Design Review Committe
@AZBanks - Chief Review Reviewer

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

BTW, those are extremely cool drawings!
danimal16
Very Cool!
Krieger
Very classy Tony!
mb911
These are so cool. I have found inspiration on this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.