Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Shop Manual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I was wondering where to get a copy of the manual? I would like to have the microfiche if possible....I dont want to pay a arm and a leg for these things.......
Mueller
eBay...the classifieds....I've seen the microfiche version go dirt cheap ($50 or so)....the viewers should be pretty cheap as well....

that reminds me, I've got to put my color wiring diagrams back in my faux factory manual (I paid $75 for a full color duplicate from someone back East or Canada, I cannot remember who it was, don't think I've seen him on this site )
scotty b
Sets of factory manuals go for $400.00 + on e-bay. Good luck! dry.gif
johnmhudson111
I have know people that have downloaded a set of 944 manuals, not me of course, I would never do anything illegal..... cool_shades.gif
Mueller
as listed in our classifieds....

shop manuals and parts book on microfish

have two working microfish readers....

would rather not ship, bulbs can break

Dayton Ohio

take all for $75

you snooze, you looze......
scotty b
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 9 2005, 06:35 PM)

Dayton Ohio

take all for $75

wink.gif I'm pretty sure that's what brought about the inquiry huh.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (scotty b @ Aug 9 2005, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 9 2005, 06:35 PM)

Dayton Ohio

take all for $75

wink.gif I'm pretty sure that's what brought about the inquiry huh.gif

probley smile.gif

of course, posting a WTB ad in the classifieds can and does work biggrin.gif

i'm really surprised no one is selling CD versions of the manual on eBay, I've seen it for the other models.....

scotty b
yeah I got the CD version for the 944... unsure.gif ......then I bought the real thing. CD is a pain in the arse to use, books are easier now that I can reeed gooder.
eric914
Of course with the CD you can print out what you need and take it in the shop and not worry if it gets stromberg.gif on.

I got my electronic copy from a link on this group about a year ago.

Keep looking, may be someone with the ability will post the PDF version.
SLITS
have it on fiche.....might be able to get a copy

A fiche printer works pretty well for "carry around copy"

Tried to get it put on cd, but the dupey guy never got back to me and I never called again.
Eric Taylor
Dosn't the club had a PDF version of all the manuals? I don't remember if this was just a wet dream or not, but thought I heard something about it.
Eric
bd1308
just a dream--much like me and that Cray supercomputer....
Eric Taylor
smile.gif some day when i'm not a poor college kid I'll have a room of all the computers I could never afford when I was younger. I could probably fill a warehouse at this point.

On topic, I found the Fi section of the manual that was posted here if you want it. Kinda helpful if your intersted.
Eric
bd1308
I have a room full of computers that I always wanted! It's cool, but I have to always move them and take them apart so I can stash the parts around the house. I need like an apartment.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Aug 9 2005, 11:43 PM)
Dosn't the club had a PDF version of all the manuals? I don't remember if this was just a wet dream or not, but thought I heard something about it.
Eric

If I can get a copy I can run it through my scanner/copier/fax machine in about 20 mins and have it saved in pdf format.
bd1308
dude, its like 1500 pages.
Mueller
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 10 2005, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Aug 9 2005, 11:43 PM)
Eric

If I can get a copy I can run it through my scanner/copier/fax machine in about 20 mins and have it saved in pdf format.

it's already been done.......in fact there are 2 versions out there, one with color wiring diagrams, one in black and white....
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 10 2005, 11:18 AM)
dude, its like 1500 pages.

I have a serious copier/scanner. We scan to pdf all the paper work orders and drivers bills so that we can transmit them to our home office. Ok, 20 mins wouldn't work but I could do it one Saturday afternoon.
bd1308
somebody *SHOULD* make paper copies of this manual.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 10 2005, 11:35 AM)
it's already been done.......in fact there are 2 versions out there, one with color wiring diagrams, one in black and white....

Is it available for download? I did a search and found a couple of references to a copy but when I clicked on the link I got the 404 error...
jasons
I've got a set for 914's and a set for 944's. I got them on ebay both were "Buy it Nows" and I got each set for less than "market value" I consider them an investment. Some of the info is invaluable, alot of it is obtainable from various websites. In the end, I can sell them for what I paid, maybe more. They are still alot to bite off in terms of price if you are on a budget. I would like to have PDF's too, just for the search-ability.
gklinger
somebody *SHOULD* make paper copies of this manual

somebody does - Porsche. They may have copyright infringement issues if *you* do it for distribution or sale.
bd1308
i wasnt aware Porsche made thier factory shop manuals available for sale.

in other words, I never knew these were ever official.

hey wait, are these the multi-volumed series of manuals (expanded haynes) for the 914?
djm914-6
These are the milti volume factory manuals. Haynes used some of the original line drawing in their manual. Too bad they left out the six stuff.
johnmhudson111
I haven't found the shop manuals, yet, but the PET can be found here might be just as useful.
Air_Cooled_Nut
I have my own, personal copies but if there's copyright issues I guess I shouldn't share them. Some people have told me I'm a liar so here's proof that they exist.
bd1308
laugh.gif

good work!

i was going to casually look at a section, but didnt realize one section was 44MB.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 10 2005, 11:19 AM)
I haven't found the shop manuals, yet, but the PET can be found here might be just as useful.

That link is about useless. I've only been able to get 1/3 of the download (multiple attempts, differing times) then his server says all done and severs the connection.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 11 2005, 11:31 AM)

That link is about useless. I've only been able to get 1/3 of the download (multiple attempts, differing times) then his server says all done and severs the connection.

I have been fighting that crappy server all night last night and this morning. If I can get another link that works I will let you know.
ClayPerrine
The factory manuals are not here, but other useful manuals are....

914 Info

Don't everyone hit it at once. My DSL only has limited bandwith..... biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 11 2005, 11:31 AM)

I was able to finally download the PET from this site. Had to use DAP 7 to get it done and it still took about 1.5 hours. Installed it on my lap top but it seems that I do not have a high enough resultion to view the hole thing....
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Aug 11 2005, 11:32 AM)
I was able to finally download the PET from this site. Had to use DAP 7 to get it done and it still took about 1.5 hours. Installed it on my lap top but it seems that I do not have a high enough resultion to view the hole thing....

I don't mind making it available on my server if there's a way to get it there. I have CuteFTP32 so I can connect to an ftp location and download it. I'm not a network geek and don't know what DAP 7 is so don't get too complex on me smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.