Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
UkonCornelious
I'm trying to figure out the correct clips to buy to secure the door handles through the door panels. The original clip has broken and I want to buy a few replacements.

I believe this is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if it's the right clip.
https://914rubber.com/fog-light-grille-speed-clip-1

Anyone have a part number or good replacement for these?
Rob-O
I don’t have a part number handy but the part in your link is not correct. I’m sure someone will be around soon to tell you they have three hundred and twenty six of those things in a jar in their garage…and would be happy to send you a half dozen if you PM them your address.

Just watch. It’ll happen. That’s how this site works…
UkonCornelious
Thanks for the quick response! I didn't think they were right, but they look similar to what I need.

They're the little ones that the door panel bolts secure to (where the door handle secures). Hopefully, that was clear as to what I'm looking for.
windforfun
http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=807-05

Item # 18.
UkonCornelious
Thanks! #18s!
bbrock
They are called cage nuts. Pretty standard hardware available at belmetric, Mcmaster-Carr, etc. Possibly even at your local hardware or FLAPS. IIRC, M6 for the door pulls. And allen socket head screws for the fasteners.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are early longer ones, 70-74 and later shorter ones 75-76 you can see the two different part numbers on our factory hard parts drawings

QUOTE(UkonCornelious @ Jan 3 2023, 07:14 PM) *

I'm trying to figure out the correct clips to buy to secure the door handles through the door panels. The original clip has broken and I want to buy a few replacements.

I believe this is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if it's the right clip.
https://914rubber.com/fog-light-grille-speed-clip-1

Anyone have a part number or good replacement for these?

Mikey914
We have them, they are also used on the passenger side door panels. I'll have Blake list them up.
76-914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 4 2023, 09:04 AM) *

We have them, they are also used on the passenger side door panels. I'll have Blake list them up.

Mark @Mikey914 and George @dr914 @autoatlanta.com, are those the same as BelMetric and others sell? If so, they are slightly smaller and don't want to stay in place.
bbrock
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 4 2023, 11:03 AM) *

Mark @Mikey914 and George @dr914 @autoatlanta.com, are those the same as BelMetric and others sell? If so, they are slightly smaller and don't want to stay in place.

Interesting. I've had good luck with the belmetric clips but occasionally find one that fits loose. I've had good luck prying the prongs out a bit to get theme to "clamp" in place.
Cairo94507
Try your local ACE Hardware. I sourced these from a member and then found them new at ACE. beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jan 4 2023, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 4 2023, 11:03 AM) *

Interesting. I've had good luck with the belmetric clips but occasionally find one that fits loose. I've had good luck prying the prongs out a bit to get theme to "clamp" in place.

@bbrock Interesting Brett. I see the Doc says there are 2 sizes. Maybe that was the difference. Yes, I bent the ears out but it would never stay in place because the ears went from parallel to a "V" shape and/or broke an ear when futzing with one. I found one from Bruce finally. In hind site I believe I should have made a 1" square of some 20ga with an opening sized for the BelMetric piece then welded that piece to the door. headbang.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have both the cage nuts for the drivers side *5mm) as well as the rivet on plate with cage nut for the passenger side
Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 4 2023, 10:03 AM) *

We actually made our own, so we are not reselling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.