Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash vent - correct orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
I am buttoning up this ‘74 -V8 which came to me with no knee pad and no dash vents. I believe I have the correct style event as per a previous thread posted here, but I do not know the correct orientation. Does the vent lever go on the top or the bottom?

Click to view attachment

rjames
NARP74
I have seen more pics with it on top, than the bottom. Hard to tell since mine have been taken apart. I am looking for pics in my books to verify.
MM1
Pics from books sounds good - I wonder if there are any shots in the manual? I searched for "1974 Porsche 914 sales brochure " but found only 1 pic:

Click to view attachment
Quinn Moore
Brochure, top. Depend on the year of the brochure confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
MM1
I am just thankful that @SirAndy got us up and running in spite of the attacks of Evil . . .how poor would the world be without the Braintrust !?!

Vielen Dank, Sir Andy!
wonkipop
Click to view attachment
MM1
Thank you, Gents - lever to the top pour moi!
windforfun
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jan 4 2023, 03:21 PM) *

Thank you, Gents - lever to the top pour moi!

That's what she said.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
Olympic 914
How do you get these out without destroying them?

Want to pull mine out to clean them and inside, but afraid I will bust them up.

BTW mine is a '73 and it has a wheel on top instead of a lever
windforfun
Pull off the hose & push them out from behind. I too have wheels.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
MM1
Uhhh - I was incredibly scared the first time I pulled these out on my 1973 . . . not so scared on the 1974. I pull them out from the front the front with little concern now . . .just another of the many 914 "life lessons" for me so far.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.