Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hinge cup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doobie123
hi, i'm going to replace the hinge cup on my 1975 914.
there seems to be quite a bit written on the subject but, i can't find any pics or videos to the procedure. i have the doctors tips book and while there is a procedure, there are no pics and i'm not 100% sure on how to do it. i have a pretty good understanding of what needs to be done but giving that everyone seems to agree that this can be pretty dangerous, i'd like to SEE the process. is there any links out there? my search so far has not found any.
thanks for any info.
bdstone914
@dboobie123

What is the hinge cup? Rear trunk mount?
wonkipop
@doobie123 you refer to it as being dangerous.

are you referring to the engine lid roller?- only thing i can think of that is "scary" .
if you are, i've done it. i made the tool to do it with. wasn't sketchy with the tool.

914 Ranch
Yes, this a picture of a tool. Aside from it being a metal concrete forming stake it works well for changing the rollers on the spring on the hinge.

Click to view attachment

I don't know if this will work!!!! It worked well.
windforfun
Go with the aluminum rollers.
doobie123
hey guys, thanks for the info. i got it all finished and it really was easy once i jumped in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.