Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help: Air cleaner bracket....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BuddyV
I have a stock 2.0 air cleaner. and it rattles around...... seems that I may be missing a part that "secures" the bracket to the intake runners on the driver side. (I have always found a way to wedge something on the bracket to try to keep it secure...... never works well)

Here's a couple of pics....... am i missing a key part? If so, does anyone have this part(s) for sale?

The smaller part of the bracket seems to be designed to slip between the intake runners and slide up to a relatively secure fit...... but i think that I am missing a part that actually secures the bracket before the air cleaner clips on

Cheers!

beerchug.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sportlicherFahrer
Used pair of intake runner "boots" that seal the runners to the plenum is the ticket. Slit down one side and place over the runner where the bracket is positioned under the air box, and then clamp the bracket onto them.

Like so:

IPB Image
markhoward
Robert, I should have some used boots if you need some. Question is, where are they confused24.gif
BuddyV
QUOTE(markhoward @ Jan 5 2023, 12:00 PM) *

Robert, I should have some used boots if you need some. Question is, where are they confused24.gif

excellent.....just go about your business and you will come across them soon. Whatever you do, DON'T try to look for them! You will never find them that way.

beerchug.gif
Krieger
I have a nice pair you can have. Call me
markhoward
Andy to the rescue! aktion035.gif
BuddyV
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 5 2023, 07:47 PM) *

I have a nice pair you can have. Call me

Awesome, Andy! Thanks

first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.