Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper back date complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
Unfortunately, the fog lights I bought online don't match...no big deal, but one is missing a set screw for the wiring and the reflectors are less than reflective.

So going LED seems like a good solution but where should i source them? There are a few things on the interweb but help me sort through what the best solutions are.

I would be open to converting other lights as well.

No adjustments yet but back dating is checked off the to do list. Figure out fog lights added.

Click to view attachment
BillJ
So for the led lights other than the headlights your only choice (and a great one) is spokeworks at https://www.spokeworksled.com/customer-cars

I like and have used to great result this company for headlights:

https://vintagecarleds.com/

Lights were awesome throughout.
Type 47
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 10 2023, 06:26 PM) *

So for the led lights other than the headlights your only choice (and a great one) is spokeworks at https://www.spokeworksled.com/customer-cars

I like and have used to great result this company for headlights:

https://vintagecarleds.com/

Lights were awesome throughout.

What about fog lights? I didn't see anything on the link about them.
BillJ
Please contact spokeworks owner. He probably can sort you out.
waltonsm
Off topic here… but can you park other cars under that lift? What’s the order of operations with the garage goor/opener?

That photo near the ceiling piqued my interest smile.gif
914werke
How about THESE smile.gif
BadToTheBown
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 10 2023, 09:37 PM) *

914werkes to the rescue, not to mention Johnny On The Spot....well done...
Cairo94507
A vote for Jerry at Spokes works. I have all of his lighting in my car, including the LED foglight and I think the foglight are my favorite. Plug and play- like all off his items. beerchug.gif
Spoke
My LED foglights fit into the OEM 914 fixture and replace the bulb socket and reflector. The foglights have 8 LEDs arranged in a 4x2 rectangular pattern or round pattern. The LEDs are cool white 5700k.
BillJ
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 10 2023, 11:37 PM) *

Rich is a great supporter as well! Good to.have options. Rich when can you have one of your custom muffer hangers ready? I need one before March.
Type 47
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Jan 10 2023, 07:25 PM) *

Off topic here… but can you park other cars under that lift? What’s the order of operations with the garage goor/opener?

Yes, car can go under 914. The garage has 10' ceilings.

Look in upper right of pic, the lift point for the door was moved there as well as the opener mechanism moved over.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 11 2023, 10:00 AM) *

Look in upper right of pic, the lift point for the door was moved there as well as the opener mechanism moved over.

I basically did the same thing... took the garage door opener off the ceiling, and mounted it vertically to the wall next to the garage door. Then I made an arm to connect it to the door.

waltonsm
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 11 2023, 12:31 PM) *

I basically did the same thing... took the garage door opener off the ceiling, and mounted it vertically to the wall next to the garage door. Then I made an arm to connect it to the door.

Cool, I have actually offset and raised mine too, but not with the hopes of stacking two
Cars… but maybe I should hope for more! The photo doesn’t look like the door would clear the roof. What kind of lift do you have? Was it sized just for the 914?

Bumper looks good too!
Type 47
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Jan 11 2023, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 11 2023, 12:31 PM) *

Cool, I have actually offset and raised mine too, but not with the hopes of stacking two
Cars… but maybe I should hope for more! The photo doesn’t look like the door would clear the roof. What kind of lift do you have? Was it sized just for the 914?

Bumper looks good too!

the door doesn't clear the lift. I would have to either disassembled the lift of leave if I ever moved

it's a cheap Chinese lift, US made lift was 4x the cost.

not sized for 914...I've had a full size truck (Chevy Avalanche) on it and my Z06. the Z06 hangs off about an inch on each side though.
ClayPerrine
I have a 2 post lift in my garage, made by a company in Fort Worth. It was shortened to fit under the 10 foot ceilings in my garage. With a 914 on it, I can stand upright and work under the car. With our 95 BMW 540i, I can stand upright, but it is very close to the top of my head. With my truck, I sit in an old office chair and roll around.

I have had a 55 Chevy converitble, a 1931 Chevy sedan, a 1950 Chevy sedan, and my Jeep pickup on it. Right now it has our 70 914-6 on it. It is a 9,000LB lift, so it is not a lightweight.

I can also double stack 914s in that bay, so I can free up a space in the garage when there is a hailstorm.

I moved the garage door opener to provide as much vertical clearance as possible.

FlacaProductions
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 10 2023, 08:37 PM) *

I was going to suggest these as well. Formerly known as "Pilots" I have 'em on my 74 with LED "lamps" in them and they're great. Get the self-healing clear protection film from 914Rubber (it'll need to be cut down a little bit) and you're good to go.
kerensky
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 11 2023, 07:46 PM) *

the door doesn't clear the lift. I would have to either disassembled the lift of leave if I ever moved

I think what he means is, it doesn't look like the door can open without hitting the roof of the 914. Which would obviously make it difficult to access. wink.gif I'm assuming that's a trick of perspective, because having to lower the 914 on the lift a bit just to open the garage door would be a huge PITA.
Type 47
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jan 12 2023, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Jan 11 2023, 07:46 PM) *

I think what he means is, it doesn't look like the door can open without hitting the roof of the 914. Which would obviously make it difficult to access. wink.gif I'm assuming that's a trick of perspective, because having to lower the 914 on the lift a bit just to open the garage door would be a huge PITA.

No issues with raising the door with it all the way up. I had the door tracks extended/raise.

what I meant was that the lift is higher than the garage door, so it can't move outside the garage. it has casters so I can move it within the garage but not outside.
BeatNavy
Anyone have a recommendation for H3 LED"s? I went with Rich's after market fog light option and swapped the H3 halogens out for these H3 LEDs in yellow: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324809459130

Unfortunately these LEDs are poor quality, and one died immediately. I tried another source, and those didn't fit in the bucket (it requires a pretty low profile). It seems there are a ton of Chinese junk LED's available, but few quality options.

I put the halogens back in in the meantime...
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 13 2023, 04:53 AM) *

Anyone have a recommendation for H3 LED"s? I went with Rich's after market fog light option and swapped the H3 halogens out for these H3 LEDs in yellow: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324809459130

Unfortunately these LEDs are poor quality, and one died immediately. I tried another source, and those didn't fit in the bucket (it requires a pretty low profile). It seems there are a ton of Chinese junk LED's available, but few quality options.

I have these in my Pilots - I think they were plug/play - I can't quite remember because (like many) I have tried a few different ones. They've been great and I like them because they match the daylight 5600/6000k of my 914rubber LEDs in the headlights but it appears they come in amber/yellow as well. (pardon my bug smears....)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KW6PZ2S/?colii..._dp_it&th=1

Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jan 13 2023, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 13 2023, 04:53 AM) *

I have these in my Pilots - I think they were plug/play - I can't quite remember because (like many) I have tried a few different ones. They've been great and I like them because they match the daylight 5600/6000k of my 914rubber LEDs in the headlights but it appears they come in amber/yellow as well. (pardon my bug smears....)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KW6PZ2S/?colii..._dp_it&th=1

Your bug smears are a badge of honor smile.gif Means you're driving your car.

Yes, the brand you linked there are exactly the ones (except in yellow) that I tried and couldn't get to fit in the aftermarket buckets I bought from Rick. The backend sticks out too far for the bucket. When you say "Pilots" are you talking about the ones Rich sells or something different?

Thanks, @FlacaProductions !
Bagpype
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Jan 10 2023, 10:25 PM) *

I’m installing a lift in our garage soon. I have a jack shaft opener. It’s on the side of the door so no opening hardware in hanging in the middle.
FlacaProductions
@BeatNavy - I thought Rich was selling Pilots or Pilots without the branding, anyway. Hmmmm. Mine are true Pilot-branded units. I don't think I modified/mangled them to make the LEDs fit. Unfortunately, it'll be a few weeks before i can check...rats.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.