Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 electrical schematic help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
Ok, so I'm re-drawing the 74 schematics to show the new wiring of my 914-6 GT project. Some of you may have seen my progress posts on Facebook.

I've run into a conundrum.

E1 is the headlight switch
E19 is the "parking light switch"

=AZWpyrBH172NiLycFQcZERZ1ZILUq9dylHnMyoYLOSGAtU0nBiCjytQ59HQgRlADU3GgSRRtXoX_6ml
1lTaCjAqG7joI37YzWId6hVK6v6SWuApbX2aP9RSW7N5PlBuDcbioRkf3hOlJMH-zGOInuN9l&__tn__=R]-R]Image of the circuit

Now the issues ensue... If the parking lights are controlled by E1, then WTF does E19 do?

Following the E19 circuit jumper to rail 60 shows it going into the ignition switch where it's switched to battery power for every position of the key, even oFF!!

If I didn't know better I'd say E19 is some kind of auxiliary parking light over ride switch but it only lets you select left or right parking lights.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Much appreciated!
-JR-
Wait!

Problem solved by Dave Darling on Facebook. It's the "parking" function that allows you to set the parking lights on the left or right while the car is parked, controlled by the turn signal switch.

E19 is part of the turn signal assembly.

Thanks Dave!
930cabman
Glad you got things fixed, but I am unclear what purpose this serves? thanks
emerygt350
It's a European thing.
-JR-
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 11 2023, 03:53 AM) *

Glad you got things fixed, but I am unclear what purpose this serves? thanks

Yeah it's a euro thing. I believe the idea is that if you're parked at the side of the road at night, you can illuminate the side of the vehicle facing the road only. That way other motorists know what side of the car to pass on, in the event there was any confusion.

But I'd bet most motorists have absolutely no idea of this display of lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.