Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 74 or earlier front bumper and possibly rear, painted or chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914rrr
Like the title says, looking for a front bumper for my 74. Car came with black painted bumpers, but may consider going chrome. Whatcha got?
Craigers17
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jan 11 2023, 11:51 PM) *

Like the title says, looking for a front bumper for my 74. Car came with black painted bumpers, but may consider going chrome. Whatcha got?

So I don't know the "level" of bumper you're looking for.....if it's concours, or "freshly restored", these won't be for you. That said, I have a front and a back, (front black, rear chrome) that are still on my car. I'm going to be moving to FG, so I will ultimately be selling these. The rear is in very good condition, but would need to be re-chromed if you're going for a high end resto. The front is not as good, and has a few dings, scratches, peeling paint, etc. That said, I'll just load up some pics. I'm in GA, so not too far from you. If you have any interest, feel free to PM me. If you are interested, I would want to take these off and shoot you some pics of the inside so that you can see what the rust situation is. I have never had them off the car, so have no idea what the insides look like.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914rrr
Thanks, this may be an option. My front bumper is fairly rusted out (in some sorta odd places) and I'm not the biggest fan of the 74 rear snubbers anyway. I haven't looked too closely but the rear may likely be as rusty as the front. PM sent.

I love the chrome bumper look. My biggest fear is getting pristine chrome bumpers and endlessly worry about them getting dinged. Been there, done that.
Stratfink
@914rrr
Good luck in your search.

@craigers17
I wish I was closer to you. I’m looking for a “paint grade” early front bumper. Yours looks like a good candidate to clean up and repaint in black.

Craigers17
QUOTE(Stratfink @ Jan 13 2023, 05:06 AM) *

@914rrr
Good luck in your search.

@craigers17
I wish I was closer to you. I’m looking for a “paint grade” early front bumper. Yours looks like a good candidate to clean up and repaint in black.

@Stratfink I hear ya. I wish I lived in California or Washington state. There seems to be a ton more 914 owners out there where you guys can swap cool stuff and buy large parts with minimal shipping or none at all. Plus it seems like there's some really great 914 people in the community and you have a lot of gatherings. I'm jealous.
aturboman
I have an NOS black front bumper for a 74 if you want something perfect

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914rrr
QUOTE(aturboman @ Jan 13 2023, 03:32 PM) *

I have an NOS black front bumper for a 74 if you want something perfect

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Wow, I'm not sure my project is worthy of that...at least not yet anyway! Crazy to think there's still some of these left in the wild!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.