Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Confused
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
Yup, purchased a set of valve cover gaskets from Pelican (great company). I ordered Wrightwood Racing gaskets based on a few post comparing them to Victor Reinz. The package came, after valve adjustment I install the top gasket and cover. When starting on the lower covers I notice the gaskets say Victor Reinz.....emailed Pelican, they would send out another set from there distributor. Just got them, same problem. Also, I work at a Porsche shop that buys direct from Wrightwood Racing and they also say Victor Reinz. So, what is going on? Best, Mark

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
What wrightwood does is the package the best possible gaskets that are commercially available. Very few they make themselves
NARP74
Some companies are manufacturers and some are distributors. Only so many companies making parts these days, the rest just sell them.
mepstein
Sort of the way resto design makes some parts and sells some Dansk parts. It’s hard to keep it all - in house - if you want selection.

However, it would be helpful if they had an explanation for how they sell their kit.
sixnotfour
The beaded ones are Great..
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 12 2023, 06:23 PM) *

The beaded ones are Great..

agree.gif

Think you'll be happy with those.
mlindner
Its just funning that on the forum (posts) the conversation was about using the best Wrightwood Racing product verses Victor Reinz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.