Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blower heater engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Petepat
Anyone know where I could buy a new or reconditioned blower heater for rear engine compartment or better still a re-con kit as the main bush/bearing is shot. I can see plenty of blowers for the front but not back. Thanks in advance.
930cabman
You might find a small motor shop and rebuild, most of these are easily rebuildable and save $$
rhodyguy
There are 2 styles. The single outlet that has it’s own bracket that’s welded to the shelve and the dual outlet that mounts on the engine shroud. Which style do you need?
Petepat
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 14 2023, 11:02 AM) *

There are 2 styles. The single outlet that has it’s own bracket that’s welded to the shelve and the dual outlet that mounts on the engine shroud. Which style do you need?

The dual outlet one.
914sgofast2
I believe the fan’s motor itself is the same as used on VW Bay Window buses from 1972 to 1979 that had the Type 4 engines.
Petepat
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jan 14 2023, 01:52 PM) *

I believe the fan’s motor itself is the same as used on VW Bay Window buses from 1972 to 1979 that had the Type 4 engines.

thanks for thatI'll check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.