Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lever next to shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ronan
What is this lever next to the shifter? I’ve seen it in some other cars and have no idea what it does.
r_towle
opens up the heater valve attached to the heater boxes (exhaust)
Two cables going through rear firewall to boxes on both sides.

It also grounds the heater blower motor and turns on the fan.
There is a single ground wire on the rear of the lever which you can see once you remove it...
Blower motor sits in the engine bay, mounted to the top of the motor.
Two flexible hoses go one to each side and blow down into that heater flapper boxes (above)

when you pull the lever partway..you can just open the heater boxes and air will come through.
when you pull it up further, the booster fan pushes air harder/faster/more volume.

Then the air goes up front under the cowl to a splitter/fan/defroster nightmare box.

rich
914werke
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 15 2023, 01:07 PM) *
splitter/fan/defroster nightmare box. rich

biggrin.gif "Nightmare box"
Superhawk996
Deploys the machine gun to take care of self appointed speed commissioners in the left lane

welcome.png
PanelBilly
Hyper speed
Cairo94507
According to my brother, that is the "roast" lever. When we are out for a ride and I pull that lever it is like being in a convection bake oven at 375 degrees. beerchug.gif
SKL1
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2023, 03:13 PM) *

According to my brother, that is the "roast" lever. When we are out for a ride3 and I pull that lever it is like being in a convection bake oven at 375 degrees. beerchug.gif

Boy, I don't know what kind of heat exchangers you have !! smile.gif
bkrantz
Wow, you have the optional passenger ejection seat!
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 15 2023, 01:31 PM) *

Deploys the machine gun to take care of self appointed speed commissioners in the left lane

welcome.png

Oh I really need this option…. driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 15 2023, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 15 2023, 01:07 PM) *
splitter/fan/defroster nightmare box. rich

biggrin.gif "Nightmare box"

Take one out, then put it back in properly….

wonkipop
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jan 15 2023, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2023, 03:13 PM) *

According to my brother, that is the "roast" lever. When we are out for a ride3 and I pull that lever it is like being in a convection bake oven at 375 degrees. beerchug.gif

Boy, I don't know what kind of heat exchangers you have !! smile.gif

one with 2 more tubes of burning fire?
must make a difference. biggrin.gif

Olympic 914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 15 2023, 05:13 PM) *

My GF feels the same way.

And when the longs heat up, it keeps radiating into the cabin, even after you shut it off.
Cairo94507
Yeah, in my opinion 6 heat exchangers have always been good. I have Ben's SS heat exchangers and they really work well. I also have seat heaters that make a huge difference too. The two keep the cabin very comfortable. beerchug.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 15 2023, 04:31 PM) *

welcome.png

welcome.png AKA Bond, James Bond
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.