Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roger’s Hot Rod Garage-barn full of Porsches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mayne
I follow Roger’s Hot Rod Garage YouTube channel, mostly for his LS 914 project, but this is a cool video too:
Roger’s Hotrod Garage
Graydingo
Wow. That's insane. What a collection of projects and parts. I especially like his "RS / RSR" room at the end. I was like "oooh" " OOOOOOHHHHHH" " OMG!!!"
bkrantz
I am impressed, but not sure which way.
Jett
Incredible passion and foresight to collect all of that, but would work hard to find folks to build out the amazing cars… it will take a community to do that stash justice.
rick 918-S
Man someone younger than me should keep track of that stash. Someday the family will be burdened with clearing out that building. Much of the stuff will likely be trashed. Cool but sad.
Front yard mechanic
Nothing finished idea.gif just like my garage x 100
930cabman
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 17 2023, 10:26 PM) *

Incredible passion and foresight to collect all of that, but would work hard to find folks to build out the amazing cars… it will take a community to do that stash justice.

Or maybe a candidate for the TV show, "Hoarders"
NARP74
It's sad, his love of the cars is overshadowed by the mental illness he has, total obsession. These need to be out in the world, hopefully someday they will be. Your kids don't want your parts. I've been telling that to people that won't sell me parts for years. They do want your money. I am not sure his heirs will do the right thing with these. Maybe a big auction or estate sale, that's millions of $ in parts and cars. How much did he spend of his money to get all of these? Hopefully his family was still well taken care of while he was obsessively buying everything he could get his hands on.

I live next to a hoarder, not cool stuff, just junk. It is very sad to see what his family goes through. They have tried many times to fix it, it always comes back and I have to look at some of it. Lots of stories to tell. Latest was his kid threw away a broken snow brush, he pulled it out of the trash and put it in one of his crappy cars that does run to hide it. I was cleaning the snow off my car and watched the sadness.
930cabman
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 18 2023, 12:56 PM) *

It's sad, his love of the cars is overshadowed by the mental illness he has, total obsession. These need to be out in the world, hopefully someday they will be. Your kids don't want your parts. I've been telling that to people that won't sell me parts for years. They do want your money. I am not sure his heirs will do the right thing with these. Maybe a big auction or estate sale, that's millions of $ in parts and cars. How much did he spend of his money to get all of these? Hopefully his family was still well taken care of while he was obsessively buying everything he could get his hands on.

I live next to a hoarder, not cool stuff, just junk. It is very sad to see what his family goes through. They have tried many times to fix it, it always comes back and I have to look at some of it. Lots of stories to tell. Latest was his kid threw away a broken snow brush, he pulled it out of the trash and put it in one of his crappy cars that does run to hide it. I was cleaning the snow off my car and watched the sadness.

It is sad to see and live through
NARP74
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 18 2023, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Jan 18 2023, 12:56 PM) *

It is sad to see and live through

Agreed, you can't help yourself
mepstein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 18 2023, 08:10 AM) *

Man someone younger than me should keep track of that stash. Someday the family will be burdened with clearing out that building. Much of the stuff will likely be trashed. Cool but sad.

agree.gif Exactly what happens
wonkipop
good video. thanks for link.

when the stuff gets packed in that tight its classic hoarder "order".
but despite the "disorder" its all in a sound water tight building.

one of my mates, who is of german descent, has a father just like that.
the father was a child when WW2 ended.
grew up in the ruins in a small german town as a little boy.
still tells stories of how there were crashed american bombers out in the fields.
i think thats where his hoarding behaviour has its origin.
there was nothing, people scraped together what they could.

part of it is you have to get the stuff cheap or free.
then you put it away for a rainy day.

i guarantee that guy picked all those 914s up a good 25-35 years ago.
and he got them all cheap. some of them looked like US spec cars but an awful lot were german or euro 914s. so he has had them a long time.

the positive is all the stuff has been preserved.

its not sitting around in a paddock or leaky shed rusting away.
its not going to waste.
its a resource. thats how the guy who has collected it all would see it.
the reason they don't sell or are reluctant to part with it is they are building a collection. its all about the building up.
the only way you would prise stuff out of him would be to get to know him and develop a personal relationship. and hope he liked you.

there won't be some crazy sale at the end where the children just dispose of it.
that sheds in germany.
most of that stuff will be sold and will end up going to good homes.

Bullethead
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jan 17 2023, 10:02 PM) *

I am impressed, but not sure which way.

agree.gif Tempered by an ambivalence that I can't explain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.