Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Way to go Eric Shea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer

I received my copy of the new excellence today (October 2005). I sat down on the deck and started to read. I got engrossed in an article about the restoration of 550-01 and then started glancing through the rest of the magazine.

I arrived at page 159 and immediately noticed a picture of a yellow 914. Accompanying that picture is a three-page article on replacing sail-panel vinyl written by Eric Shea. smilie_pokal.gif

The article is well-written and very well-illustrated. Great job Eric!

Maybe we should ask Pete if we can reproduce this for our tech articles.

horizontally-opposed
Well, we've got TWO published authors if you count in the original 914club wordsmith, Jeroen!

And three if I count... wink.gif

Nicely done Eric! Now I gotta see about paying the man.

Oh, and it's okay to post this piece -- so long as you wait 2-3 months from today. It's only fitting since the idea came from here! cool_shades.gif

pete

redshift
Eric is a publishing -Gawd-
olav

Just in time. I'm going to replace my sail-panel vinyl.

I just got the vinyl from PP and some wurth glue.

Now, I'll go and get the magazine!

I hope it's in Borders has it in.
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif Cool "E"....now I'll have to go by a copy!

Can you autograph it for me wink.gif

Lisa beerchug.gif
Jeroen
WTG Eric!
Can't wait to pic up the new issue
watsonrx13
Congratulation E, you have contributed a lot to the teener community and to me personally. Thanks again for all of your assistance..... smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, is there anyway to post the article....?
Part Pricer
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Aug 10 2005, 06:12 PM)
BTW, is there anyway to post the article....?

I've got it scanned and ready to go. However, Pete has requested that we wait 2-3 months. Look for it mid-to-late October.

rhodyguy
well, DO IT YOURSELF! then. smilie_pokal.gif sort of like a top secret club. don't rush to borders yet. it's in the ... issue. subscribe and get on the same page, on the right day folks. or just continue to pay $4.99 a pop, plus tax, plus gas. you wait, in a few months it will be, "HEY, ERIC SHEA WROTE A TECH ARTICLE IN EXCELLENCE!!!". biggrin.gif

K
i love porsche
so i should be getting a new excellence soon....

way to go eric!
d914
ohmy.gif we are not worthy..way to go!!
seanery
sweet! I'm waiting to read mine until I fly on Monday, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it on the way to Hawaii!
soloracer
Hmmmm...I had a letter in Penthouse Forums once......does that make me a published author too? happy11.gif Good Job Eric.....even if you do spell your name the "wrong" way.

Erik
Eric_Shea
Well... I heard it here first. Them there mazagines adn't made it to U-tar yet biggrin.gif

Thanks goes out to Pete. I'm proud to be published in my favorite mag.

I've been in publishing for a while now and I've spoken to Pete a bit about our times in the book business. All I can tell you guys is; Pete is working "publishing miracles" to put together a book of that quality with the staff and budgets he has. Hat's off Pete. You're a serious hard-workin dude smilie_pokal.gif

There are a few perks however... I occasionally feel sorry for your monkey-ass when you're trying to figure out how to negotiate a driveway with the C-GT. driving.gif

Life "is" rough! laugh.gif

Thanks all!

Mrs... I'll be right down with that "Sharpie" in hand wink.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 10 2005, 07:21 PM)
well, DO IT YOURSELF! then. smilie_pokal.gif  sort of like a top secret club. don't rush to borders yet. it's in the ... issue. subscribe and get on the same page, on the right day folks. or just continue to pay $4.99 a pop, plus tax, plus gas. you wait, in a few months it will be, "HEY, ERIC SHEA WROTE A TECH ARTICLE IN EXCELLENCE!!!". biggrin.gif

K

Hey Kev, I just got notified that my wife had already subscribed to the mag and this will be the first issue..... Wow, now I'm definately psyched.... can't wait for the copy to get here....

Again E, congrats.... smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
Oooops.. I didn't see this post and started a second. I'll delete mine.

WTG man! Very nice! clap.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Aug 10 2005, 06:18 PM)
Thanks all!

Mrs... I'll be right down with that "Sharpie" in hand  ;)

wub.gif I'm honored! pray.gif

Lisa clap.gif
horizontally-opposed
Yeah, the C-GT was a tough gig. biggrin.gif

But then there was the night I was forced to roll a bright yellow Chevy SSR with chrome wheels (of course) home. Talk about a car that makes you look like a total ass clown. chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

In fact, I can't think of a car that does that better -- from any year or price point.

"You paid WHAT for THAT?" ohmy.gif

(The sad thing about the SSR is that it's actually really well done for a GM product -- maybe one of their most compelling vehicles in terms of fit and finish, steering, the power top, and some other areas...too bad they also turn out the Malibu Maxx, Impala, Rendezvous, and others wastes of sheetmetal) Is it any wonder GM has become a finance corp with a carmaking arm attached? And I had better not get started on Saturn IONs....

But I digress.

What I really need to get Eric going on is a piece on refinishing brake calipers. How to do that without unfairly promo-ing his "business" is the only challenge. idea.gif Maybe I should put Gerry Burger on the case to re-do the ones on his 1988 tail-dragger. Other ideas?

pete
Eric_Shea
I was already thinking about that one next. Please, don't mention my biz biggrin.gif It's basically a 914club closet business that keeps me too busy anyway. I was thinking that a basic M-Caliper rebuild would be a good one. There's a ton of those out there.

Oh... and don't forget the Aztec which still makes one scratch ones head wondering "How the hell did that make it to market?" -and- "Where are those engineers now?" laugh.gif
redshift
I found a book Eric had published in 1973.

horizontally-opposed
Uh, don't think I can publish that one... sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif

biggrin.gif

As for the Aztec, I remember thinking GM had hit rock bottom with the Dustbuster vans (Lumina APV, Pontiac Transport, etc). Then came the Aztec.

barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif

I think all this is to remind us of the "good ol' days" of the Fiero and 6000 STE. Acually, there have been a few I always kinda liked, like the GNX and the, well, I guess that's actually it.

Whatever happened to the great GM styling of the 1950s and 1960s...?

pete
TJB/914
Congratulation Eric. It's great to see someone from the 914 club grow their talent.

Everyone's real proud of you & thanks to EXCELLENCE
fatlando
lo and behold, i just got a copy of Excellence magazine in the mail today and bam there it was......great article!!

It's also nice to see 914's are mentioned thruought the magazine as well too!!

smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
MILES!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

You promised!! mad.gif slap.gif
Engman
Nice job Eric!

Do the fronts ......... no real secrets there.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.