Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - Name of part - what is it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bradburm
I am finishing up the interior on my 914 and ready to seal rest of carpet and put seats in and found this - does it stay open like that ? I found a little plastic gasket covering the drivers side - it needs to be replaced and the passenger side was not covered

Help?

Click to view attachment
BillJ
There is a black tar like covering that goes therre. Either AA or 914rubber should be able to help you. It dies not stay open.
bradburm
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 22 2023, 06:15 PM) *

There is a black tar like covering that goes therre. Either AA or 914rubber should be able to help you. It dies not stay open.

Any idea what it’s called?
zoomCat
It’s number 10 in the diagram, used to manage noise.

Click to view attachment

It may not have been used in the early cars though, this 70 doesn’t seem to show evidence of the tar found elsewhere.

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Jan 22 2023, 04:33 PM) *
It may not have been used in the early cars though, this 70 doesn’t seem to show evidence of the tar found elsewhere.

My early /4 had them ...
idea.gif
zoomCat
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2023, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(zoomCat @ Jan 22 2023, 04:33 PM) *

My early /4 had them ...
idea.gif

Where they stuck like the tar mats? I don’t remember them when I stripped the interior of my six, but that could be the fumes playing with my memory.
bradburm
Thanks all
mepstein
Some of my early cars had them, some didn't.
914werke
I call them "Longitudinal Access Plugs" biggrin.gif
Available HERE
Krieger
Duct tape if you really care...
bkrantz
I used oval pieces of adhesive sound deadening material.
Chris914n6
It wasn't plastic, it's just sound deadening that's hardened over the years. Replace with like.
SirAndy
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Jan 22 2023, 04:37 PM) *
Where they stuck like the tar mats?

Yes, same as the tar mats, just cut to fit the small oval shape.
bye1.gif
bbrock
Evercoat Q Pads are a dead match for the material. I just cut ovals out of some I had left over from another project but I just checked current pricing and holy crap that stuff has gotten pricey! yikes.gif
TargaToy
If you add a stiffening kit to the longs, the holes are covered anyway.
StarBear
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 22 2023, 08:13 PM) *

I call them "Longitudinal Access Plugs" biggrin.gif
Available HERE

agree.gif Some have adhesive backing and some don’t. Two per side. Just replaced mine several weeks ago when replacing door sill carpets. Used carpet spray adhesive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.