Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Panel Dimensions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I picked up some door panels and need to cut holes for the door handle. Does anyone have dimensions from bottom/top and from the front of the panel to cut? Thank you
Mikey914
Should be able to flip over old panels and use as a template.
mmascari
I was able to figure it out. I didn't have old panels but I just measured from the front and bottom of the door and just cut and checked until the holes were perfect.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
early panels are smaller than the later ones: 8/69- about 8/72 were the smaller and 9/72-12/75 were the later ones

QUOTE(mmascari @ Jan 24 2023, 08:11 PM) *

I picked up some door panels and need to cut holes for the door handle. Does anyone have dimensions from bottom/top and from the front of the panel to cut? Thank you

jaredmcginness
Here is my sketch from a few years ago for the panels I made for my early ('71) car.

Once foamed and lined they look great - but beware, I believe they were a tad off on some measurements. Unfortunately I cannot remember which.

(P.S. this is only for the bottom portion, I drilled holes for the mounting tabs of the top cushion piece) also the length of the handle slot is 4.14"

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.