Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DRPHIL's 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
DRPHIL's 914 photo in new Panorama! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jan 25 2023, 02:28 PM) *

Ha! Jamie, thanks for the mention. i saw that last night. it was one of 2 75 Porsche’s from out region to get special award at the HHI Councours in November!
a 911 Targa was awarded best Air cooled car for saturday car club showcase, and my 914 was given a judge’s selection “Order of Merit” award, i was one of 4 cars overall that was selected for that award!

pretty cool. Next going to Amelia again, i submitted for The Amelia’s Saturday Cars ans Community and was snubbed by Haggerty’s selection committee blink.gif

can’t win them all.
emerygt350
Awesome!
StarBear
Stunning! beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Congratulations Doc!
jdamiano
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 25 2023, 03:06 PM) *

Ha! Jamie, thanks for the mention. i saw that last night. it was one of 2 75 Porsche’s from out region to get special award at the HHI Councours in November!
a 911 Targa was awarded best Air cooled car for saturday car club showcase, and my 914 was given a judge’s selection “Order of Merit” award, i was one of 4 cars overall that was selected for that award!

pretty cool. Next going to Amelia again, i submitted for The Amelia’s Saturday Cars ans Community and was snubbed by Haggerty’s selection committee blink.gif

can’t win them all.

Well deserved recognition Phil. I was snubbed last year and didn’t even try this year. I really enjoyed that Saturday event. Oh well hopefully I will see you Friday at Werks.
Puebloswatcop
Congratulations Doc. Beautiful 914
Cairo94507
Well deserved Doc. beerchug.gif
sb914
Way to go ! copper914.jpg
second wind
What is that SICK AMAZING color and code...???
gg
sixaddict
Very cool ……. You are a celeb!
TOT
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif first.gif
krazykonrad
Well done! first.gif
Shivers
smilie_pokal.gif
campbellcj
aktion035.gif
DRPHIL914
@jdamiano
yes i ll be thereand plan on driving in with the group from Jax that friday unless i am asked to help i did offer to voluntee for werks to help park and line up the 914 groups etc.

QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jan 25 2023, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jan 25 2023, 03:06 PM) *

can’t win them all.

Well deserved recognition Phil. I was snubbed last year and didn’t even try this year. I really enjoyed that Saturday event. Oh well hopefully I will see you Friday at Werks.
QUOTE(second wind @ Jan 25 2023, 09:49 PM) *

What is that SICK AMAZING color and code...???
gg

the Color is L99K, Copper Metallic, a '75 special order option that cost the original owner all of $275 !!

the event was a lot of fun , i live in Bluffton just off the island and have been there in that area for 30 years. i was so busy with interest and visiting with people that i didnt get to even leave the area where my car was showing with our club until i got the notification from the judge to get ready to drive up to the show area! The skis were a hit of course even in sunny HHI! A group of spectators, some ladies from Aspen, CO
were very complementary and enthusiastic and later got an invite to Aspen!!.

So many awesome complements , but one funny interaction stands out , i was standing behind my car getting something to eat in between discussions and i overheard a guy up by the front of the car say to his friend " that right there is the ugliest car porsche ever made" screwy.gif and before i could say anything someone next to him says to him " well have you ever driven one , or any other Porsche or sports car"? he says "no"and this other guy says , well, "opinions are like @ss-holes, everyone has one" and a few other things lol!!! av-943.gif lol-2.gif

i have no idea who that was but that guy quickly left the area
smoke.gif
apparently the rest of the crowd and the judges felt differently
Maltese Falcon
Love those peanut gallery opinions @DRPHIL's914 !
Back several years ago we showed the black 6/ biturbo at a Beverly Hills show. A older couple walked by and the gal says "What a gorgeous little Porsche...what model is this ?"...her friend answers
"That's the 914, probably the cheapest car displayed here today". So our 914 takes a 2nd place in Euro street class, trophy presented by Jay Leno/ Mercedes McLaren SLR takes 1st place, a red Ferrari takes 3rd place. Not a bad day for the teener beerchug.gif
wonkipop
well done @DRPHIL914

as to the negatroids and their opinions.

Click to view attachment
Al Meredith
gongrats Phil , Good luck at Amilia
914dave
That car deserves all the attention it gets. Congrats Phil
Freezin 914
first.gif
Vysoc
Congratulations Dr. Phil!!!

She really looks beautiful, love the ski's!

Vysoc flag.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Jan 29 2023, 10:17 AM) *

Congratulations Dr. Phil!!!

She really looks beautiful, love the ski's!

Vysoc flag.gif

@vysoc good to hear from you Peter, are you working on that yellow sub /6 build??
thanks everyone! now i’m trying to decide how
to present it this year at Werks Reunion, 2 years ago i won with the period surf board, and last year i had the skis on it like at HHI this year . i’m thinking maybe a roof rack on the extra top ,
and safari wheels on the extra rims , light bar across front of rack for a fun safari look? -
i have ADD and get board biggrin.gif
racer914
Nice!
billh1963
Congratulations, Phil! It’s been awesome watching the transformation over the last 10+ years from an “average” car to the show winner it is today!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.