Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - 1974 Porsche 914 Roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mcbrems
The body of this car is straight and cancer-free. There is a small hole under the Hellhole, where the battery was located. It also needs some attention under the pedal cluster, but only surface rust in other places. This body is in better start condition than both my first two 914 restorations. Will be sold without fuel tank, gas engine and windshield, but will include transaxle, CV axles, shift linkage and seats.

More pix here:
1975 Copper 914 Pix

This 914 was converted to electric with an Electro-Automotive kit many years ago using lead-acid batteries, which explains some of the oxidation in the floor of the front trunk. The car sat for many more years before I purchased it a year ago with the intent of putting a Tesla motor in it (those plans changed due to other circumstances). The electric motor, batteries and battery racks have all been removed. There are a few small holes that were originally made to pass cables, mount battery racks and for ventilation, as well as a minor sheet modification to the rear trunk floor. Interior is pretty much stripped clean, except for the dash. Seats will be included, but an all new upholstery kit will be needed.

It hurts to let this one go, because the body is so healthy, but I don’t have room or time for it now. The pictures speak for themselves. All of the usual spots for serious rust are clean:

- Bottom of sail panel at rear fenders
- Windshield frame corners
- Rocker panels and door sills
- Jacking points are solid
- Fender wells (original paint shows through undercoat)
- Rear trunk floor (heavily undercoated, but solid and original)
- Front trunk floor (surface rust due to battery acid, but restorable)

Located in North San Diego County for local pickup.
MM1
Pm sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.