Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Up fixin score
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Couple of weeks ago I missed a set of these……yesterday I scored one.
I had a set of these back in the day……I poured over them to learn many things about my Porsche. They have been gone for along time but after reviewing I understand why…..most Porsche owners today (excluding 914s) wouldn’t/couldn’t work on their cars including changing wiper blades. Lost my set in a “ division of assets”….more than 20 years ago. Just sharing my joy.
In one book there was a new car test of the newly released 914……….then a 914-6 road test at Laguna Seca.
Funny to read ancient history through today’ lenses and hear names of Tom Green (automotion) and Dwight Mitchell evaluating new sticky tires…….(Yokohamas) which became the go to tire in the Bay area where I lived at the time.
Click to view attachment
bkrantz
Those were/are great. I also have the mini Tech Spec books that Porsche used to publish for each model.
GregAmy
I have a set, haven't read 'em in forever.

But you're right: today's median Porsche owner is more focused on color and options codes than actually having any interest in even changing oil themselves...sigh...we're dinosaurs.

Curious, what's the set worth? Maybe it's time to pass it along. - GA
wonkipop
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 26 2023, 05:19 PM) *

Couple of weeks ago I missed a set of these……yesterday I scored one.
I had a set of these back in the day……I poured over them to learn many things about my Porsche. They have been gone for along time but after reviewing I understand why…..most Porsche owners today (excluding 914s) wouldn’t/couldn’t work on their cars including changing wiper blades. Lost my set in a “ division of assets”….more than 20 years ago. Just sharing my joy.
In one book there was a new car test of the newly released 914……….then a 914-6 road test at Laguna Seca.
Funny to read ancient history through today’ lenses and hear names of Tom Green (automotion) and Dwight Mitchell evaluating new sticky tires…….(Yokohamas) which became the go to tire in the Bay area where I lived at the time.
Click to view attachment

know what you mean about division of assets. beerchug.gif

i managed to keep the 14.

@GregAmy

these days its about the whole picture.
oil changes but also what were the OG colors and options.
only because the OG colors were so fricken good. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
i'm with you on what you are saying. beerchug.gif beer3.gif
rick 918-S
Time changes everything. Yokohama discontinued my tire size several years back now. Loved those tires. So depressing. sad2.gif dry.gif
sixaddict
I am smiling biggrin.gif……..comments right on.
My set was missing two but got at what I feel was a bargain ($50 + shipping).
Other set I saw went higher but would have bought it.
beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.