Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Power Windows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bossboy302
Building up a 914 and taking a few liberties, one of which I'd like to add power windows. A google search led to an old thread where someone offered a "kit" using a Spal mechanism, etc.
Is such a kit, or another of its type, available?
Has anyone done this to a teener?
Thanks
Type 47
QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Jan 27 2023, 11:17 AM) *

Building up a 914 and taking a few liberties, one of which I'd like to add power windows. A google search led to an old thread where someone offered a "kit" using a Spal mechanism, etc.
Is such a kit, or another of its type, available?
Has anyone done this to a teener?
Thanks

I would think this has been done before...I always thought it was cool that you could roll/crank down both sides from the drivers seat.
Chris914n6
Probably me. 914 "Kit" is long expired but you can get the Spal P/W kit on Ebay or Amazon for ~$85.
Pics were like 9 hard drives ago...
I put the switches in the center console, which I custom built.
I still have the original 'kit' in my car. The guide tubes broke so they make extra noise now but still function.
sb914
@ Jim hoyland
ClayPerrine
You can roll the passenger window up or down from the driver's seat. Just lean over.

The manual windows is one of the things I really like about a 914. Simple and functional. And lighter.
jim_hoyland
Email sent with pics…
NARP74
My car has them, purchased that way. I can look at the docs I got to see if any info is in there. Door cards are on, so no pics. If I have to go in there I will document for prosperity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.