Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 Porsche 914/6 | CONCOURS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Your eBay and Craigslist Ads for 914 Stuff
MasonLucas
1970 Porsche 914/6 | CONCOURS On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304780034669?

IPB Image
Bullethead
Nice car... ad copy is some of the most ridiculous puffery I've read in a long time.
Jett
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Jan 28 2023, 05:03 AM) *

Nice car... ad copy is some of the most ridiculous puffery I've read in a long time.

Lol +1 the narrative is like someone painstakingly searched through all synonyms to find new words. The ad has a lot of “tell” but adds very little value and the pictures “show” very little.

Looks like a nice car, but why is the dash and air venting look like it is from a 73? Carpet on tunnel looks incorrect but could just be installed incorrectly. Incorrect seatbelts? Water bottle not attached. Factory stickers missing. I suspect if more pictures were added that we would find more issue.

$175k lol lol … even if the economy was not struggling, this price is far from reality.
flyer86d

You know, I wish they had a few more interior pictures. The car is a ROW car, if the speedometer says 40K miles, how many were on it before they changed the clock. That being said, nice looking 6. Best of luck with the sale.

Charlie
MM1
Signore,

I’m just curious , Mr. Mason. . .

How is it you have been posting eBay listings here for years and yet your profile shows says “I am new here” . . .and somehow you have 0 posts?

Perhaps I missed something, but I have never seen you reply to any comments on the threads of “for sale” cars that you have posted over these years.

Are you some kind of eBay super-seller who also happens to be a top-secret 914 World administrator?

Semi-Illuminato, perhaps? (Or would that be quasi-Illuminati?)

The answer must be something like the above since I have never seen anyone ever ask these questions . . .

If you are a top-secret administrator here, can you please tell me why adding a comma or a period always seems to be preceded by an unnecessary and grammatically incorrect space? Would you be willing to fix that with a wave of the hand?

I hope I haven’t breached any etiquette here, much less consigned myself to “flames of woe” [insert Mozart soundtrack here] or the rack of the Inquisition . . . if so, then I shall whole-heartily retract . . .forthwith!

Happy Saturday night, All!

-Galileo Copernicus Galilei (Minor)

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.