Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick release hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
BillJ
What are the racers using these days for quick release hubs? I have a setup with a dual pull pin setup but sometimes it binds and i want to refresh it. I have an original 6 so a different steering column and spline so want to see specifically for theat equipment.

Looking for excellent no fail designs where cost isnt the biggest factor.
sixnotfour
Rothsport Racing. makes one based on the Porsche one they used... https://rothsport.com/collections/quick-rel...ering-hub-clear
BillJ
Will check it out!
BillJ
Ok so i found what i needed. Rennline makes a very short hub converter. Have it in hand and all is well. Just got.the old one off and have a question.

Should the steering shaft have any play? I am getting a good amount of deflection something like 1/2 inch if i had to guess. Is thhere a bushing i should insert before putting this back together?
BillJ
Nevermind. Once the hub adapter went in the flange pressed into the bushing and it is now snug.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Huck271
QUOTE(BillJ @ Feb 18 2023, 04:40 PM) *

Nevermind. Once the hub adapter went in the flange pressed into the bushing and it is now snug.

Is your steering wheel centered over the driver seat?
BillJ
Using the stock location and rails so no the wheel sits a couple inches to the riight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.