Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Cable Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tewfiks
Hello, my son and I are working on getting his 73 914 1.7 back on the road. It has Weber IDAs with a center pivot linkage set up. We installed a new throttle cable and I am currently having a heck of a time trying to get full throttle now. It seems that I may be binding somewhere near the pedal cluster.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
NARP74
Take the plates off at the front and rear of the tunnel and look for cable wrap or binding. Disconnect it at the engine and have a helper run the pedal and another feel the engine end of the cable, should be smooth.
mgphoto
If you replaced the throttle and or the clutch cable it is common to twist the cables around each other near the pedals. Remove one of the cables and unwrap it from the other.
ChrisFoley
Failure of the throttle cable ferrule at the firewall can be a source of binding. Aftermarket cables often have poorly crimped ferrules in my experience. When the sheath pulls out of the ferrule the cable has to change direction without support.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.