Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI generated instructions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Deusexmachina77
Having seen several news reports on AI-generated copywriting I decided to give it a try.

I created a topic familiar to me, Refreshing the suspension on a Porsche 914.

Below is the copy that was generated by AI. I thought it would be of interest to some of you. This took about 5 minutes to compose.

INTRO
Are you the proud owner of a 1976 Porsche 914? If so, you may have noticed that the front suspension is starting to wear down over time. Refurbishing the front suspension of your Porsche 914 is an important step in ensuring its continued safe operation. This blog post will provide you with a detailed guide on how to properly refurbish the strut and suspension components of your 1976 Porsche 914. We will go over all the necessary steps, from inspecting the parts to replacing worn components, so that you can get back on the road in confidence.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Pump Jack
Jack Stand
Lighting
Floor matt or other surface protection for under the car.
If you are doing this project on your own, make sure to have a friend or two around to help support parts of the car while you're working. It's always best to have an extra set of hands to assist in case something unexpected happens. Additionally, having a repair manual handy is always helpful if you are not familiar with how to access certain components. Most importantly, make sure that you have all the necessary tools and parts before beginning the project. A visit to your local auto parts store should provide you with all you need. Once you are prepared and ready, follow these steps to begin refurbishing your front suspension.

TOOLS
Socket wrench Various sockets (millimeter)
Pickle bar
Screw Driver
Specialized socket for ball joint separator Hammer and chisel
Protective eyewear
It is also helpful to have a service manual specific to the model of your car. With all the tools prepared, we are ready to begin the suspension refurbishment. The first step is to remove the brakes. To do this, loosen the wheel lug nuts and lift off the wheel and tire. The brakes are then removed by removing the brake caliper and then removing the rotors. After that, it’s time to start taking apart the steering components. Disconnect the tie rods from the steering rack, as well as from the wheel hubs. Then remove any brackets or mounting arms from your steering rack before removing it from your vehicle. Finally, remove the shock absorbers from the steering knuckle. You are now ready to move on to cleaning, inspecting, and replacing components.

THE PROCEDURE
Loosen the top nut that holds the strut. Disconnect the tie rods from the steering knuckles and brake hoses from the calipers with a wrench or socket set, then remove the knuckles and brakes. Unbolt the lower control arms and sway bars, then unbolt the upper control arms and remove them. Disconnect the ball joint from the wheel spindle, then disconnect the strut and wheel bearing assemblies from the wheel hub. Pull the front wheel assembly away from the car, and then disconnect all of the components, including the steering rack, tie rods, and control arms. Carefully remove all of these components, inspect them for damage, and replace any worn parts as necessary. Once all of these components are removed, reassemble them in reverse order to finish refurbishing the front suspension of your 1976 Porsche 914.

FINISHING TOUCHES
Once the refurbishment of your 1976 Porsche 914's front suspension is complete, you should give the entire system a thorough check before you take it out on the road. Begin by checking the brakes and making sure that they are operating correctly. Then, inspect all of the components for any signs of wear or damage. Make sure that the ball joints, tie rod ends, and other parts are tight and secure.
You should also check the alignment of the tires and adjust them if necessary. Pay particular attention to the camber and toe settings, which can have a huge impact on handling and overall performance. Finally, fill the suspension with the recommended grade of oil or grease.
Once these steps are complete, your 1976 Porsche 914's front suspension should be ready to go. Enjoy your newly refurbished ride and make sure to follow up with regular maintenance checks!

type.gif

NARP74
I can see why this is getting so much attention right now.
barefoot
Upper control arms ??? WTF
bkrantz
Like most of these AI examples I have seen, it sounds pretty good but mostly is simple and non-specific, like what a slightly knowledgable person might write for a slightly knowledgable reader. Also lots of platitudes, like "inspect this or that" and "make sure blah blah blah".
Superhawk996
Should be able to take orders and interact with customers at a Mc Donald’s counter with a little bit of more specific neural net training. laugh.gif

My favorite part of the suspension work:
“ Finally, fill the suspension with the recommended grade of oil or grease.” slap.gif
fixer34
The media is going ga-ga over AI. There is no 'intelligence', it just spits back information it has gathered from hundreds of websites. Aside from the obvious gaffes, you could substitute pretty much any vehicle brand/model in the text.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jan 28 2023, 10:06 PM) *

The media is going ga-ga over AI. There is no 'intelligence', it just spits back information it has gathered from hundreds of websites. Aside from the obvious gaffes, you could substitute pretty much any vehicle brand/model in the text.

Agreed.

Just the next shiny thing that involves technology “journalists” don’t understand but love to promote as the next big thing.

Remember when we were supposed to have fully autonomous vehicles (without a safety driver) by 2021? Ford just took a $2.7 Billion dollar loss on a full autonomy “investment” with Argo. lol-2.gif
930cabman
Makes it sound like it's an hour job screwy.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 28 2023, 08:19 PM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jan 28 2023, 10:06 PM) *

Agreed.

Just the next shiny thing that involves technology “journalists” don’t understand but love to promote as the next big thing.

Remember when we were supposed to have fully autonomous vehicles (without a safety driver) by 2021? Ford just took a $2.7 Billion dollar loss on a full autonomy “investment” with Argo. lol-2.gif

I'm still waiting for my flying car! How long ago was that?
lalee914
I wonder what an AI generated engine rebuild would read like?
Osnabruck914
At this point in its development I fail to see any value here. But its still early.

Osnabruck
SirAndy
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 28 2023, 07:19 PM) *
Remember when we were supposed to have fully autonomous vehicles (without a safety driver) by 2021?

Saw one driving around downtown SF last night. No driver, no passenger, just an empty car driving itself. Seemed to be doing OK.
blink.gif
Stingbee
AI=Bullsht... laugh.gif laugh.gif
emerygt350
I have been playing around with this due to my real job and I can confidently affirm that it is now has more sense than most people I know that argue about such things in online forums. wink.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Jan 29 2023, 12:28 PM) *

I have been playing around with this due to my real job and I can confidently affirm that it is now has more sense than most people I know that argue about such things in online forums. wink.gif

This post sounds like it was generated by AI.
914werke
lol-2.gif
930cabman
Can someone explain the logic behind AI? I must be old
SirAndy
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 29 2023, 01:22 PM) *

Well, in my line of work as a computer programmer, the latest AI in that field can generate quality code in seconds that would take an experienced programmer like me hours if not days.
blink.gif

Good thing i'm less than 10 years away from retiring ...
piratenanner.gif
Amphicar770
Hmm, about vague and generic as some of the instructions you used to find in those old Chiltons manuals. :-)
wonkipop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2023, 04:49 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 29 2023, 01:22 PM) *

Well, in my line of work as a computer programmer, the latest AI in that field can generate quality code in seconds that would take an experienced programmer like me hours if not days.
blink.gif

Good thing i'm less than 10 years away from retiring ...
piratenanner.gif

you only need to know one thing with AI.
when it says.
"I'll be back"......................

run like f$&k.
Spoke
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2023, 05:49 PM) *

It seems the work needed with AI-generated code would be instructional definition: describing what the code needs to do. Does this front load the human work needed to use AI for code generation? Does this also include the information to test the code?

We're working on a project now with BLE where the customer is not sure how the handshaking should be handled. The customer is modifying their flowchart weekly as we look at it and find holes in the flow. Not sure if AI would be involved yet.
914werke
The irony is AI are now used to ask humans if they are robots?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.