Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
I used to use Al Reed for wheel refinishing but he hung up his cleats.
People that worked for him called me last year but didnt need any then.
Anyone in Southern CA know if they are doing it. ( yes I know there are others)
Thanks
T.Rick6
Al Reed sold his business to Tony something, Al recommended him, this was last year, I sent him 2 8x15 & 2 custom made 10x15’s Fuchs for the RSR finish, little to poor communication, ended up getting Al involved , 8 months and grand later I got them back polished…. No RSR finish. Found out thru Al he sold the sandblast equipment; Mr. Reed is a real stand up guy, he ended up threatening Tony to get my rims back. If I wasn’t on the east coast I would have handled it personally. Please do not waste your time with this guy.

Todd
sixaddict
Oooh… that’s ugly.
Thanks for the info.
rhodyguy
Is ‘Wheel Enhancement’ still in biz? They ran full page ads in Excellence. I doubt they were inexpensive.
Freezin 914
Fuchs Restoration. (Business name) I have heard good things from members here. Maybe they can chime in.
infraredcalvin
+1 with Fuchs Restoration in Silverado, CA, heard lots of good things. Another is a guy on the bird board named Peter Nguyen. Not sure how to get ahold of him, but his instagram comes up if you google his name and fuchs.
SKL1
I've only dealt with Harvey Weidman over the years, and the wait is worth it if you're not in a hurry.
Haven't dealt with Fuchs Restoration but haven't heard anything bad about them.
rudedude
Harvey has had a set of mine since last March and I hear they are almost ready. I can't wait to see them.
lalee914
I just had a set of 944 Club Sport wheels refinished by Fuchs Restoration. These were my track wheels for many years and the wheels had dings and nicks in them and had been badly polished. It was expensive to ship the wheels to them from the east coast. I just wanted them restored to OEM look. Fuchs Restoration turned them around pretty quick and did a good job on them. Fixed some very obvious large dings in the wheels so that you can't tell there ever was any damage. They straightened and smoothed the wheel lips almost perfect. I didn't pay to have the inside of the wheels refinished but they did clean that up pretty good. They anodizing came out perfect. The only problem was one center cap wouldn't take the anodizing for some reason so they sent a new one and charged me half price for that one.

Shipping both ways, insurance, and their work came to about $2500. About 1 month from the time I dropped the wheels off at UPS to the time they were back in my garage. They aren't perfect but not far off. I am pretty happy customer.
burton73
RS finish done by Fuchsrestoration.com

I am very happy with the work they do. They have done several sets for me. Fast delivery as well

Bob B

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.