Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: visit to PMB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
I'm in Salt Lake City for the week for work projects. Of course, had to stop by PMB. Met Eric and Larry, saw his yellow flared 914 in the showroom. Pristine 911 and 356 sitting next it. Chatted a bit and he gave me a tour of the caliper rebuild room and the car shop. Thanks for taking the time guys.
Pete

Click to view attachment

Followed one of his projects part way to the media blaster. Not something you see on the highway every day.
Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
I'm going to be there next month and was hoping to drop in as well but it looks like my schedule and office hours aren't going to mesh...
Eric_Shea
Thanks for stopping by Pete!

Give us a buzz Brian. We'll see what we can do. wink.gif
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2023, 11:01 AM) *

ha! I'll do it when we get closer - NBA All-Star weekend...
JamesM
Man thats a real ratty POS! Should make for one hell of a before and after picture.

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jan 30 2023, 05:36 PM) *

Followed one of his projects part way to the media blaster. Not something you see on the highway every day.
Click to view attachment

iankarr
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jan 31 2023, 04:21 PM) *

LMK as well...woudl be great to meet you there!
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(iankarr @ Jan 31 2023, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Jan 31 2023, 04:21 PM) *

LMK as well...woudl be great to meet you there!

beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Verrrrry coooool shop !
fixer34
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 1 2023, 08:58 PM) *

Verrrrry coooool shop !

The other half of that car is on the inside of the wall..
fixer34
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jan 31 2023, 04:06 PM) *

Man thats a real ratty POS! Should make for one hell of a before and after picture.

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jan 30 2023, 05:36 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Actually, it looks worse than it really is. All the metalwork gone over/repaired and steel flares welded on (look close). I think Eric said it was headed to the blaster to get old paint off and generally cleaned up before full painting. Part of their magic...
I stopped by PMB on our way to our vacation home in Rapid City..
Eric took the time to give us a tour of his shop..
Its 914 Heaven..
914/Alan
JamesM
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Feb 1 2023, 08:59 PM) *

Actually, it looks worse than it really is. All the metalwork gone over/repaired and steel flares welded on (look close). I think Eric said it was headed to the blaster to get old paint off and generally cleaned up before full painting. Part of their magic...

Looks were never a priority for me, I was always more concerned with how she performed. Figured after 24 years of hard service and a whole lot of other 914s that I have owned during that period, it was time I showed the first car I ever bought some serious love.

Bit more metal work still to be done post blasting, then its back to its original Tangerine and the long process of re-assembly with a few more upgrades thrown in along the way.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.