Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Longest time spent for an engine build???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
did a quick search, Aug 6 2003 is when I started to obtain some parts for my Type IV engine build.

Started off as a 2.0 stock rebuild, now it's going to be a 2.2 liter with ceramic lifters, 94mm Nickies with a 78mm stroke crank and "special" cam from Jake.

Still undecided on the heads since I might be selling my fresh 2.0 heads to finance a TIG welder..which means that I'll have to wait even longer to finish the motor headbang.gif

Guess one good thing about doing it this way is that it does not seem to cost as much as buying all the parts at one time.....also, there will not be just one reciept for the wife to find smash.gif
redshift
I hope you have kept up on all the scheduled stuff... oil changes, and all..

wink.gif

M
Jake Raby
I started on "Project X" in 2000..... It'll take at least 4 more years to finish it.

I have had customers engines take well over 1 year to complete.
Mueller
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 10 2005, 06:57 PM)
I hope you have kept up on all the scheduled stuff... oil changes, and all..

wink.gif

M

I have to hope that the cardboard boxes everything is in do not start to deteriorate wacko.gif

Mabey I should spray all the parts with cosmoline to prevent rust unsure.gif
drew365
The engine rebuild on my '69 Ferrari took over 3 years. But there was no good reason for that except I was busy and didn't hound my friend that did the work. I'm happy to say that I now have it home and am driving it on Sundays and I now realize how much I missed this car. Remember Mueller, you can't drive a TIG welder.
redshift
F car parts don't go bad. lol2.gif

Speaking of, let's see that piece of F-art.

smile.gif

PLEASE!!!?

M
McMark
I think you should save your heads and finish your engine. wink.gif
drew365
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 10 2005, 07:38 PM)
F car parts don't go bad. lol2.gif

Speaking of, let's see that piece of F-art.

smile.gif

PLEASE!!!?

M

Miles; I've owned this car for 18 years but don't have any digital pics of it. I just took two in the garage with my wifes camera. I tried to post one but it said I couldn't upload this type of file even though it is jpeg. Maybe it's too big. I'll work on it and try to post something soon. I love to drive the car but am usually embarrassed by the amount of attention it gets. The sound of the V12 is like no other.
bondo
jkeyzer must be runner up, he's been building a 2.0 forever! smile.gif
Jake Raby
It's got a radiator- don't bother..... barf.gif
LOL

drew365
Only because you asked so nice Jake! laugh.gif
lapuwali
330 or 365?
redshift
oh my goodness it's beautiful!

Congrats on such a cool car! Oh my gAwD! I am juMpiN aRouNd!

boldblue.gif 365 GTC? Oh man... WhOOo..

heh

M
Joe Ricard
Who cares about the "F" car. he's got RACE RUBBER in a stack!!!! mueba.gif
Now if'n ya put them Tiars on that there car well pray.gif Ya da man!
Tom Perso
OMFG, that is one sexy bitch...

I always fall for the Italian birds... cool.gif

rolleyes.gif

Tom
redshift
Ever since I seent the motor, I was dying to seent the car..

boldblue.gif sTill bounciN'!

M
Bleyseng
Damn Mueller, now I don't feel so bad! I started my refresh in Jan 05 and finally have all the parts although I am changing my mind on what might happen next.

Last night I finally installed the rear coilovers Konis with the 200lb springs. progress!
bd1308
WOAH THAT CAR IS AWESOME

smile.gif
DNHunt
I got the core engine for my rebuild from Rich 2 years ago. The long block is done and i could swap it but, this is prime driving weather in Washington and I hate to have the car on jack stands now. Old Smoky is running darn well (knock on wood) as long as I add some oil once in a while. Labor Day is the target to get the new engine in the car.

Dave
Bleyseng
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Aug 10 2005, 09:51 PM)
It's got a radiator- don't bother..... barf.gif
LOL

Look Jake, it drips oil just like a air cooled Porsche!
Mike,

I guess I'm not alone with these unfinshed 'projects'.
cool.gif
drew365
Thanks for the kind words guys, it's a 365GT 2+2. Not a GTC though it does have the same engine, type 245. The oil leak has been fixed, I only have 80 miles on the rebuild so there's lots of little things to still do, like syncing the three webbers. Sorry to hijack your thread Mueller, but after 3 years I'm bursting at the seams with this car.
Mark Henry
What work on my own engine???

About a year and a half...I hope it done for next spring unsure.gif
Mueller
Sorry to hijack your thread Mueller, but after 3 years I'm bursting at the seams with this car.

it's okay, you can just take me for a drive in the F-car next time I'm down there MDB2.gif
redshift
Swing by my place! It's a 2+2!!! ROOM FOR THE GOAT!

sheeplove.gif
dinomium
I just glare at one of the three engines in the corner... They KNOW why!
Allan
Hmmm
ppickerell
Somehow I think that I could get over the stigma of a radiator if I had that car. Mike, I know someone that has a 914 shop that could do your motor! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.