Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct front brake hose for a 911 suspention swap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Ah the hazards of Porsche lego sets...

Nearly done with swapping in a 911 front suspension on the '74 blue 914/6 build and hit an unexpected issue.

The brake hose that was on the car with its original suspension fits a strut with an open mounting point whereas the 911 struts I put on the car have a closed and too narrow closed opening.

In other worse the metal end of the brake hose won't fit through the opening on the new strut with the red arrow and is designed to use an open mounting point as shown by the yellow arrow.

Anyone know offhand what year 911 brake hose would work? I am thinking pre-1970 but that is a bit of a guess frankly.

Thanks!
914Sixer
Use the 914-6 or 911 hoses with line holders up to 1973. You need brake spring(27) and 911 clip (26). Clip 26 is completely different than 914 version. You can use the 1 piece late 73-76 brake line though.
76-914
Check with Molly or Eric @ PMB. I just received a bunch of brake parts and I questioned them about the early hoses they sent for my '73 5 lug conversion. Molly said that's what is needed and they shipped the spacer to make it work. confused24.gif That's all I can offer you as I haven't jumped into the changeover yet. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Thank you, super helpful and very much appreciated.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 1 2023, 05:02 PM) *

Thank you, super helpful and very much appreciated.

Holly, not Molly...she's a pro. And Eric too, of course.
Tdskip
Just a quick note to say that I finished this up with your help.

Early hoses and fitting worked a treat.

Thanks for the help.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.