Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is best power source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
Where is the best point to pull ignition on power from?

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Clean install. What year 914?
914werke
To the Right of your pump/filter *was* the location of the OE fuel pump pigtail on pre-75 cars (small round 2 pin connector) using the grounding trick at the relay board, just plug it into that & the fuel circuit will behave as if stock. smile.gif
Van B
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 2 2023, 08:47 PM) *

To the Right of your pump/filter *was* the location of the OE fuel pump pigtail on pre-75 cars (small round 2 pin connector) using the grounding trick at the relay board, just plug it into that & the fuel circuit will behave as if stock. smile.gif

Checks. That's what I had to do to fix the DAPO mod mine came with lol
Type 47
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Feb 2 2023, 05:28 PM) *

Clean install. What year 914?

it's a 75' that was originally black but I painted it Signal Orange to resemble my 1st 914. it's the one in my avatar, that will soon be changed when I drive it again.
Type 47
QUOTE(914werke @ Feb 2 2023, 05:47 PM) *

what about a 75'
Type 47

"what you talk'n bout Willis?' this?

Click to view attachment
Van B
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Feb 2 2023, 09:25 PM) *

what about a 75'

Your original wires are up front. You should see a two screw panel where the fuel pump was
Type 47
QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 2 2023, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Feb 2 2023, 09:25 PM) *

what about a 75'

Your original wires are up front. You should see a two screw panel where the fuel pump was

yes. but the pump is now in the engine bay. There has to be ignition power there versus running that wire through the tunnel.
Costa05
I have since removed my oem relay panel in the engine bay and made my own replacement but the black wire on the 14 pin plug side of it provides the ignition on, 12v pos in the engine bay. Run a multimeter volt test on it to confirm. If I were you I would add a new relay off that 12v signal source before connecting to your pump. And a fuse to protect the the new load. Both being recommended upgrades.
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/specs/SirAndyCarbFuelPumpRelay.php

What's wrong with the stock power supply?
confused24.gif

PS: No need to cut a single wire ...
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 2 2023, 08:08 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/specs/SirAndyCarbFuelPumpRelay.php

What's wrong with the stock power supply?
confused24.gif

PS: No need to cut a single wire ...

He has a 75, so the FP connection is under the tank.

Your car has one 12Ga black/red wire from the 14 pin routed through the harness to where it ends under the fuel tank. Be sure to insulate this wire under the tank so it does not short to ground.

Consider opening the main harness casing at the left side of the engine bay where it routes between the relay board and the snorkel tube, and locate the black/red wire to tap off it for your fuel pump. Run a dedicated ground to one of the screws at your pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.