Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine grill fasteners source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyA
I can’t find a source for the engine grill fasteners. Anyone have a source?
Thanks
Aerostatwv
Check out "emblem nuts" on Amazon.
Van B
Both the letter nuts and hold down nuts for the grill are available through porsche and the aftermarket.

sarivers2001
I just received by Porsche part 901 59 301 23 (aluminum grill letters) to be installed on my ‘74 914 2.0L. Somewhere in its past, they had Ben removed.

Does someone out there have detailed (idiot proofs - - that would certainly be helpfully for me!) instructions on proper installation? Perhaps proper mm measurements (a) from left engine grill edge to left edge of “P”, (b) right engine grill edge to right edge of “E”, © proper, consistent spacing among the letters.

Also, the letter studs are not threaded and the “nuts” that came with the letters seem to be plastic. Do you just force the stud through the plastic?

Thanks!
sarivers2001
QUOTE(sarivers2001 @ Aug 25 2023, 12:11 PM) *

I just received by Porsche part 901 59 301 23 (aluminum grill letters) to be installed on my ‘74 914 2.0L. Somewhere in its past, they had Ben removed.

Does someone out there have detailed (idiot proofs - - that would certainly be helpfully for me!) instructions on proper installation? Perhaps proper mm measurements (a) from left engine grill edge to left edge of “P”, (b) right engine grill edge to right edge of “E”, © proper, consistent spacing among the letters.

Also, the letter studs are not threaded and the “nuts” that came with the letters seem to be plastic. Do you just force the stud through the plastic?

Thanks!

Whoops, part 901 559 301 23 (sourced through Auto Atlanta).
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(sarivers2001 @ Aug 25 2023, 01:11 PM) *

Thanks!

See this old thread:

www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=57029
DC_neun_vierzehn
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.