Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote trunk release
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Who makes a good remote trunk release for the 914? Any emergency release like the early Boxsters?
914werke
A "good" one... no such thing.
76-914
There are 12v trunk solenoids that open them remotely. As in a momentary switch mounted under your dash. beerchug.gif
barefoot
I attached a heavy gauge wire down thru a hole in the trunk floor
(with small grommet) accessible behind the muffler.
NARP74
QUOTE(barefoot @ Feb 8 2023, 03:36 PM) *

That's a must for the electric systems in case of failure.
Craigers17
Down and dirty, cheap & easy. The hardest part is drilling through the latch....it's some of the hardest metal I've ever encountered. Needs heat shrink to replace the black tape, but you get the idea.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

pgollender
QUOTE(barefoot @ Feb 8 2023, 02:36 PM) *

My previous Boxster had a,complete electronic failure and both frunk and trunk electronic latches were inoperable. The factory is supposed to put a manual wire that is accessed thru the right front turn signal lens and near the left taillight assembly,but they were both missing in mine. It was quite a bitch to get them open. Luckily a few other Boxster owners with similar problems figured a hack which (barely) worked. After fixing the electronic failure, I inserted the missing manual cables. Lesson learned…. Never again.
930cabman
Anyone have ideas/pics for an emergency release for the frunk?
Superhawk996
Between this and @“r towle” thread on the 997 Frunk latch I’m av-943.gif

When did American’s get so lazy that pushing (or pulling) a manual trunk release just became too much to ask?
sb914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 9 2023, 05:37 AM) *

When did American’s get so lazy that pushing (or pulling) a manual trunk release just became too much to ask?

There used when installing a aftermarket rear reflector.
Otherwise you drill a hole in the reflector for the trunk lock.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 9 2023, 09:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 9 2023, 05:37 AM) *

There used when installing a aftermarket rear reflector.
Otherwise you drill a hole in the reflector for the trunk lock.

Yup, I remember those reflectors and solenoids from the 80s. Was a bad plan then and still is. Drill the hole and be done with it.

40 years later and people still getting locked out of their own trunks av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.