Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Dave Ellison- Triad West Performance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
My apologies if this was shared already but wanted to relay the sad news that Dave Ellison (owner of Triad Exhaust) passed away on Sat. I know he will be missed in the 914 community and by those of us in the PNW region who knew him.

There may be a memorial service in early April…Ill update the post when something is finalized

Andrew
Garland
RIP Dave.

I recall him attending Woodward dream cruises, years ago, family in Michigan at the time. Great guy, ground up Business man.
914dave
Sad news. RIP Dave
914werke
sad.gif
Steve
sad.gif
Wow!! He worked almost up to the end. I only talked to him on the phone. Super nice guy and very helpful. Loved my Triad on my six, but my current M&K seemed more responsive and the drone is much more tolerable.
mb911
Wow so sad . I had no idea he was sick.
mmichalik
sad.gif I purchased one of the very last setup's he built. He was always very helpful and generally a really nice person. RIP Dave.
Cairo94507
RIP and God speed Dave.
rhodyguy
This news sucks. Dave had a number of health issues. A good guy.
KELTY360
I met him at his shop when I picked up the exhaust he built for me. Cool shop and some very impressive jigs he had made. Great guy. He will be missed.

RIP Dave
sixnotfour
Triad West/Northwest,,, Originally, Dave Said , He passed away , His widow sold the Bus. To Dave Ellison... Dave E. has done a great job with the Business, and was close to Dave Said..
RIP Dave E.
r_towle
Very sad. RIP
burton73
Very sad, we are losing a lot of 914 Brothers

RIP

Bob B
carr914
Sad, he made a great product, I'm sure he was a good guy. RIP
SO.O.C914er
Breaks my heart. I picked up my Triad duel tip about three years ago love it. Now I’m going to run it until its rusty! Talked him and said Dave I’m old school mind if I write you a check you don’t have to ship until it clears. Dave’s response your talking to old school sure no problem. headbang.gif 2/9/23 sad day for us teeners RIP Dave.
PanelBilly
RIP Dave
jim_hoyland
RIP
championgt1
sad.gif

When I went to pick up my muffler he built for me I realized when I got to his place I had forgot my checkbook and wallet. I told Dave I would have to come back another day to pick up my muffler. He looked at me and said " You don't want to drive all the way back out here. Take your muffler and send me a check whenever. No big deal."

He spent the next couple hours showing me his shop. We had a couple beers and talked cars. He was a good guy.

Godspeed Dave.
mobymutt
I must have bought one of his last Triad mufflers. He told me that I was going to love it, and I do! So sad to hear that he's no longer with us.

I had the muffler shipped to a cross-border P.O. Box, then brought it back to Canada by car. The border agent didn't believe that a Porsche muffler could possibly cost that little, so I was held up by an hour or so trying to 'prove' that my email receipt was the real price!

I didn't try to explain that a 914 isn't a 'real' Porsche smile.gif
Geezer914
R.I.P. Dave. He made one hell of an exhaust for our 914's. I feel lucky to have one.
930cabman
I had no dealings with Dave, but if half of what is being said, he was one of the greats. he will never be replaced, Rest In Peace Dave
horizontally-opposed
Thank you for including that photo, Jim. Have known Dave's company for years, and it's nice to put a face with it. One more in the world around these crazy cars I very much would've liked to meet.

We only get so much time here, but it's clear Dave was one who used his well…
rhodyguy
Dave was fast on the AX course too. And a top shelve carpenter. He built the shop.
Chris H.
RIP Dave sad.gif .
sportlicherFahrer
RIP Dave. Sad news indeed. Many good memories hanging out at his shop over the years. Definitely in for a memorial drive. I'll find a way to have both of our Triad-muffled 914's there.

IPB Image
StratPlayer
Sad news,,, RIP
rick 918-S
Another craftsman gone. RIP
PanelBilly
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 10 2023, 01:56 PM) *

RIP Dave. Sad news indeed. Many good memories hanging out at his shop over the years. Definitely in for a memorial drive. I'll find a way to have both of our Triad-muffled 914's there.

That’s a great idea
Maltese Falcon
sad.gif condolences to Dave's Family + friends
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Feb 9 2023, 11:41 PM) *

I picked up my Triad duel tip about three years ago love it. Now I’m going to run it until its rusty!

I refinished mine a few years back. Sandblasted the rust off and recoated it and ran it for a bunch more years until I eventually replaces it with one of Bens mufflers.

The triad is a great unit made with quality steel. Clean it and get it ceramic coated and will probably last longer then the rest of your car.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I knew he had been sick for years and had really scaled back the business, but its still sad when a true craftsman passes.

Zach
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 11 2023, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Feb 10 2023, 01:56 PM) *

That’s a great idea

+1
Hoppie944s2
Very sad news. my condolences go out to the family.
Dr Evil
Damn sad.gif

I was lucky to have met him when I was out that way several years ago. I bought his stock of transmission cores. He graciously gave us a tour of his shop and the grounds, it gave me something to aspire to. Loosing too many of us.
dax1969
So sad RIP

Ordered mine in may 2020. Spoke with him on the phone and he said that it would take a bit longer than usual as he some problems with his health.
Told him to take his time ... he then sent me pictures of the progress every couple days ... (never asked for, he just did it). The triad arrived end of june in Belgium !!

Rest in peace Dave

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

bye
Dax1969

Hoppie944s2
A true craftsman and a gentleman!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.