Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DONE Late firewall seatbelt pocket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hi Guys,

DONE- Thank you Garold @GaroldShaffer . beerchug.gif

I am looking for someone parting out a '72-on chassis where the seatbelt retractor "pockets" are in good shape on the firewall. I believe, in the future, when we drop my engine (maybe next winter) I will modify my firewall by installing the later retractor pockets so I can install retractible seatbelts (that came in later cars).

If you have a chassis getting cut up and can generously cut out these two sections (driver and Passenger sides) I am interested. I want to have them on hand so when the time comes, we are ready to cut, weld, grind, metal finish and paint so the firewall looks like it was never touched.

Here are a couple pictures of a stock seatbelt retractor on the firewall. The bottom picture is my actual firewall before paint. It does not look like a huge difference, but it is different.

Please let me know and we can talk before you cut them out.

Thanks everyone.

Michael beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
PM sent
Cairo94507
@GaroldShaffer - Sent you a PM. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks everyone - Garold took care of me. beerchug.gif
gereed75
Garold is absolutely the man for this kind of stuff. Got a lot of stuff and priced reasonably and good service and a really good guy to deal with!
Cairo94507
I received the seatbelt receiver pockets from Garold and they do not disappoint. Garold did a great job of cutting them out of his donor car, providing plenty of margin all the way around. So when it comes time to cut, weld, metal finish, body work and paint, we will be in great shape. Thank you Garold for a great job. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.