Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ariel Atom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben1440
I dont know if anyone has already posted this but if you have not heard or seen the ariel atom, check this out. Its a Top Gear review of it. ENJOY!!!!

Ariel Atom

--Ben
Jake Raby
Yep-
Its bitchin... BUT it needs a Turbo TIV with equal the power and a great weight savings, so it could toss that damn RADIATOR!
grantsfo
I rather like the new Radical V8 if going to this extreme:

Radical V8

Check out the video clip
Brett W
The day a streetable turbo T4 equals that of a built turbo Honda engine is the day I eat my shoes. Using that supercharged K series motor in the atom I could easily reach the 600hp mark with enough torque to make your eyes bleed.
URY914
I got your 914 RAT powered Atom splitter right here...
happy11.gif

mskala
Paul, if you're the guy pushing it, I can see more places for
weight savings rolleyes.gif
Jake Raby
Paul, Get that baby installed and get some results!!!!
URY914
QUOTE (mskala @ Aug 11 2005, 07:54 AM)
Paul, if you're the guy pushing it, I can see more places for
weight savings rolleyes.gif

That's my little brother helping me laugh.gif

airsix
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 10 2005, 10:28 PM)
I rather like the new Radical V8 if going to this extreme:

Radical V8

Check out the video clip

Whoah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought the bike-powered version was cool. ohmy.gif
I love the quote "With an all-up dry weight under 600kg, the SR8 possesses 600bhp per ton of smooth, controllable power."
That's like saying space-shuttle astronauts experience "smooth controlable power" on lift-off! laugh.gif
-Ben M.
Mueller
Ben,

Did you notice their new V8 uses 2 Suzuki 4 banger heads?

Pretty cool, they show the devolpment of the engine.

914werke
Brilliant!!! smilie_pokal.gif
ben1440
that is insane
ewdysar
On the Ariel site, they call it street legal. Will it be legal here? How about Calif?

Eric
airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 11 2005, 01:29 PM)
Ben,

Did you notice their new V8 uses 2 Suzuki 4 banger heads?

Pretty cool, they show the devolpment of the engine.

Cool? It's so beautiful I want to weep.
-Ben M.
Mueller
Top Gear is on the Discovery Channel tonight (10pm PST) featuring the Ariel Atom for those that have not seen the video burnout.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 21 2005, 05:53 PM)
Top Gear is on the Discovery Channel tonight (10pm PST) featuring the Ariel Atom for those that have not seen the video burnout.gif

Tivo
Tivo
Tivo
Ariel
Ariel
Clarkson
Clarkson

...excuse me while I change to my celebratory Atom/Clarkson avatar. mueba.gif

-Ben M.
lapuwali
Someone here said Ariel is opening a factory in Oregon to make them for the US market. Still no idea if they'll be CA legal, though they'd be bonkers to NOT make in CA legal. I'd buy one in a heartbeat...
Mueller
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Sep 21 2005, 09:43 PM)
Someone here said Ariel is opening a factory in Oregon to make them for the US market. Still no idea if they'll be CA legal, though they'd be bonkers to NOT make in CA legal. I'd buy one in a heartbeat...

Felix ran into an Atom and its owner at Laguna Seca last month for the Historics I think,

California registered, guy said it cost close to 55K
LvSteveH
Wife said I could get one....... but I know there is a catch somewhere..... it's never that easy. I think it helps that it has two seats.

It has to be pretty close to being maxed out for performance I'd think, I can't imagine more horsepower doing anything remarkable. Maybe more top end, but do you really need to do more than 120 in a go-cart?
airsix
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 21 2005, 09:58 PM)
Felix ran into an Atom and its owner at Laguna Seca last month for the Historics I think,

California registered, guy said it cost close to 55K

That was a "crate it in from UK and self-assemble" pre-USDM Atom. The built-in-Ashland version is supose to rage from $35,000-$45,000 depending on drivetrain choice and options. We will not be getting the Civic-R supercharged engine unfortunately. I guess Honda is being a stinker about supplying the engines.
-Ben M.
Series9
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 21 2005, 11:44 PM)
We will not be getting the Civic-R supercharged engine unfortunately. I guess Honda is being a stinker about supplying the engines.
-Ben M.

1.8T cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.