Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Nice mid engined 12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Just going thru my archives and came up on this totally cool Jaguar 12 cyl. It was the Bob Tullius GTP car, big V12 all motor NO turbos and ran with the 962 Porsches of that era. BTW, the exhaust headers were a work of art ! These photos were on the same Riverside weekend where 3 cars entered turn 1 (side by side) at great speed. The Jag, the Ford Probe (Lynn St. James ) and a Corvette (Sarel Van DeMerwe) all camel GTPs. None of the cars came out of this turn , but the drivers incredibly survived the huge fireball.
Marty
URY914
Tullius has a building at the Sebring Airport where he keeps his cars. If you ever go to the races you can stop by at have a look.

Paul
maf914
The Group 44 Jaguar GTP's, as well as their earlier Jags and Triumphs always looked good in their white and green paint schemes. The GTP's were beautiful cars, built when there was still enough tolerance in design to allow the designer to make the car look good, as opposed to todays prototypes that are driven strictly by function. Not that todays cars aren't attractive, I love the Reynard 02S/DBA/Zytec, but the style is just different.

Paul, How do you get to the Tullius building at Sebring. I have heard about it but don't know where it actually is. I've been to Sebring many times but I've always been inside the circuit in the usual spectator areas and paddock.
URY914
QUOTE (maf914 @ Aug 11 2005, 05:07 AM)
Paul, How do you get to the Tullius building at Sebring. I have heard about it but don't know where it actually is. I've been to Sebring many times but I've always been inside the circuit in the usual spectator areas and paddock.

I can take you there but first I'll have to blindfold you and turn you around in circles. It is about a 3 day ride by camel. Bring plenty of water.

OK, maybe not.

If you drive pass the main enterance to the track, the road take you back to the actual airport. There are several metal buildings. His is green and white (go figure). It is sorta next to the airport resturant. No signs on it but all the other building are not has nice as his. You can find it. I found it without asking anyone.

Paul
Maltese Falcon
Paul, now let's find out where Tom Walkinshaw keeps his Silk Cut Jags smilie_pokal.gif
Marty
URY914
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Aug 11 2005, 04:27 PM)
Paul, now let's find out where Tom Walkinshaw keeps his Silk Cut Jags smilie_pokal.gif
Marty

Marty,

He keeps them in England.

biggrin.gif Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.