Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche and VW Books
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
Here's an interesting little find...a local German club, of which I'm a member, has a book swap table. Given the club's long history - established 1875, as I recall - there's a lot of generations of German books that have come over to the USA. Travel, education, history, etc.

These two caught my eye so I grabbed them.

The first is a 1956 book, "Porsche Autos-Weltrekorde", presumably on the history of Porsche to 1956 (I can't read German). Condition is worn but still strongly bound together.

The second book is a 1965 repair manual for the "VW 1200", what we called the Beetle. Also in German, of course. Condition is remakably good for a book this old, I think it sat on a bookshelf most of its life.

So here's the deal with these. Anything you give to me for these books will be donated to the Harugari Singing Society in West Haven CT. In fact, I will request that you mail to me a personal check made out directly to the club (assuming you have a checking account?)

https://harugari.org/

I did some basic Internet searches for these and the books look like they're going to anywhere between EU15-45 each. I'd like to get as large a donation as I can, and I know we can't really start a bidding thing here, so I'll start the ask at $75 for both, including my covering the USPS Priority Mail shipping to CONUS (I don't know that I can ship internationally).

And if anyone knows anything about these books, post it here! - Greg
GregAmy
icon_bump.gif

Looks like I picked the wrong day to post this, with two guys emptying out their garages...lol

Any interest? Make an offer if it's too much. Otherwise I can put them back on the swap table and let another club member enjoy them. - GA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.