Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Engine Tin question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Could someone describe or show a descent picture of the rear engine tin piece for the 914/6. I'll be making my own from a stock /4 piece and would appreciate some guidance before I screw up the one I have.

Doug C
Porsche Rescue
Rear, meaning piece closest to rear trunk? I have a set in the garage which I will get a pic of later this am.
DougC
Jim that would be great - a picture is worth a thousand words. I appreciate it!

Doug C
Porsche Rescue
Here are four shots. View is from the engine compartment side. Mine is aftermarket I believe (metal, not fiberglass). Rear is two pieces. bolts to engine standing vertical. Hope this helps.
Porsche Rescue
two
Porsche Rescue
three
Porsche Rescue
four
DougC
Jim, thanks for going to the trouble - that'll help alot!

Doug C
DougC
Isn't there supposed to be a square sheet metal "wall" that sits behind the back cylinder on the passenger side...opposite of the oil cooler. Like the wall that the oil cooler makes on the driver's side?

Doug C
Ferg
QUOTE (DougC @ Aug 11 2005, 01:54 PM)
Isn't there supposed to be a square sheet metal "wall" that sits behind the back cylinder on the passenger side...opposite of the oil cooler. Like the wall that the oil cooler makes on the driver's side?

Doug C

Jim's last picture shows the "wall" piece.
Porsche Rescue
The "tall wall" in the last pic is over the oil cooler on the driver side.
Third pic "short wall" is on passenger side.
Ferg
U sure Jim? I must be confused wacko.gif I thought pics one and three were drivers side, pics two and four passenger side.?

Ferg
Porsche Rescue
Now I'm confused! I thought I was showing them from the engine side. I now believe I was wrong and I'm showing them from the tranny (trunk) side. If so, you are correct Mike. "Tall wall" on pass. side, short wall over oil cooler. Make sense?

Doug, do you need to see them from the other side as well?
Ferg
Clear as Mud! laugh.gif
Seriously that's right.
Ferg
John
Pics #1 and #3 seem to show the passenger side as that is where the hole for the throttle linkage goes through (when you do the bell-crank deal).

That looks like the sheet metal my dad bought for the track car many many moons ago.

I'm making my sheet metal based on it and some patterns my brother sent me from another club mamber. I hope to bend some up this fall.
sixnotfour
Search for Root Werks He uses the four banger back piece and has posted some pics.
Fiberglass is only 175.00 for the complete set.

http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=373
flesburg
Hello,

As Johnman said, 20 years or so ago I bought sheet metal for a 6 conversion from a guy named Shane Stabile, called his business EHCSROP for all of you who read backwards, and at that time his phone was 213-874-2228 (California somewhere?). I have no idea where he is today, or even if he is still with us. If you need to buy some pieces might search for him on google.
blabla914
I took the bottom half of the 911 piece and welded it to the top half of the -4 914 piece. It's a little more difficult than it sounds, but I came out pretty decent. Just put the motor in place with just the front mount and hold the back in place with a jack. Cut and try until it fits. Unfortunatley I don't have any picts. Sorry.

Kelly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.