Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Highland
I'm not sure if someone can use this muffler or should it go in the trash. Attached pictures for assessment. It came off a running car.

Free for pickup, North county San Diego.

Click to view attachment
bzettner
It appears to have a hole/rusted out area/tear in it. blink.gif

I’d say it’s junk beerchug.gif
Highland
Are most 1.7 components like tins, intake runners, pistons and cylinders, and heads junk too?

I'm sure everyone has a spare set in their garage. What do you all do with them?
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Highland @ Feb 20 2023, 06:17 PM) *

Are most 1.7 components like tins, intake runners, pistons and cylinders, and heads junk too?

I'm sure everyone has a spare set in their garage. What do you all do with them?
Click to view attachment

Learn to weld - make art / yard art
Click to view attachment

Tin can be converted to 2.0l tin by those in need.

Heads - if no one wants them - use as practice - learn to replace valve guide, do a valve job before it matters. If you have a welder - learn to weld on heads or how to remove valve seats? confused24.gif

JamesM
QUOTE(Highland @ Feb 20 2023, 04:17 PM) *

Click to view attachment

If that 73 paper air filter housing is still good someone might want it as a replacement for their oil bath filter. those 2 temp sensors in the plenum work across all d-jet cars and are worth hanging on to. any of that stuff has value to someone looking at converting back to stock from carbs. Not a lot of value given 1.7s are not as popular and there were a lot of them, but for sure not trash.

Drex
is it possible to weld holes shut in mufflers?
Drex
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.