Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost and Found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zoomCat
I'm pulling together all the stuff related to my 914/6 as the restoration begins. There were a number of things that the PO had removed or 'upgraded' that were included, stuffed into a few bags and boxes. They went into storage, and time passed. What was intended to be a few years became, um, much longer. Now having retired things are picking up again.

This is one that I had completely forgotten about.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'm surprised that it isn't melted, as so many have. The plastic is a bit fragile now, I may not run them routinely; I do want something better than the K&Ns that came on the car.

I'm fairly certain, though, that the original rear calipers or engine aren't in another box up there. Unfortunately.
930cabman
Great find
Cairo94507
Very nice piece. If I were running carburetors, I would definitely run a stock air cleaner. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
drooley.gif
sixnotfour
only One ...
maxwelj
I’m surprised that the cold start pipe is still on it. That feature was removed from most cars in 1970 by a dealer recall ( at least mine was) .
rgalla9146
That will clean up beautifully.
Re-spray the black metal parts, re-plate the clips, hose clamps and hardware and wash the black plastic.
It will look new.
Great find.
zoomCat
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Feb 20 2023, 08:45 PM) *

I’m surprised that the cold start pipe is still on it. That feature was removed from most cars in 1970 by a dealer recall ( at least mine was) .

I suspect it was removed very early, before the recall. If it had been used for very long I would expect evidence of backfire and flame.
porschetub
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 21 2023, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(maxwelj @ Feb 20 2023, 08:45 PM) *

I suspect it was removed very early, before the recall. If it had been used for very long I would expect evidence of backfire and flame.

agree.gif a rare enough part anyway ,amazing to see the prices these days even for badly toasted ones dry.gif .
One side of mine was fairly warped but I was able to save it.
mb911
The steel 911 filter I have they soldered those shut.
ClayPerrine
Our 914-6 has the fire starter holes in the air cleaner plugged and the plumbing has been removed.

Someone in the past also removed the dashpot and cut the link off the crossbar.

No, I am NOT blaming the DAPO for this one. (Hi Rusty!)

JmuRiz
Very nice! not melted or blown out bottom too smile.gif

I'm going to run an airbox on mine (with carbs) and plan to keep the airbox whenever I go EFI in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.