Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaking injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wew
Hi all,

1973 2.0 2056 Djet.

I have read many of the write ups about fuel injectors.
Had mine serviced by Mr. Injector 4 years ago.(highly recommend)
Unfortunately injector in cylinder 3 is leaking now. headbang.gif
I have removed, reset, new seals, checked fuel hose connection at fuel rail and injector.
Interesting side not injector leaked a lot worse the first time I fired it up and is leaking less but still leaks with subsequent seal and placement checks.
I Don’t want to gamble with a leaky injector, not with my luck.
My question is since the other 3 are still good, can you add one fj67 injector on a Djet or should I just suck it up and pony up the dough for a 039906031 injector?
Looking forward to anyone who has done a mix and match on a djet if there is such a thing.

Thanks,
Gary
Dave_Darling
Do you know what the flow is like on the fj67 injector? At various pressures?

If you don't, then I'd err on the side of making sure the injectors aren't mis-matched.

Perhaps send the injectors back to Mr. Injector to see if they can deal with the leak? Or send one of the less-expensive injectors with the three remaining and see if they can get them to match? You might remind them that the fuel system runs a steady 2 bar of pressure, so that's the most important pressure to check...

--DD
Wew
Thank you Dave!
mihai914
The injector is leaking less because the faulty seal is swelling back up with fuel. The same issue is common with dried out hoses.

Another option is to put a WTB ad in the classifieds and try to find a good used injector.

You may also want to consider just buying 4 new FJ67 injectors from a place like Rockauto and call it a day.

If you're as lucky as I am, every time I try to save a few bucks it ends up costing me more in the end.
914Sixer
FJJ67 has been tested by Mr Injector and is a correct replacement. This has been covered in previous threads.
Wew
Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I talked with Bill Mr. Injector and he also recommended the fj67 as a replacement.
I ordered them up and installed with no fuel leaks.
However the electrical connections on the injectors do not match up nicely to the harness and take some effort to get them in.
I have found it’s much easier to mate them up by having the rounded side on the top, which was opposite on the stocks if I remember correctly.

Again thanks for all the input and advice,

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.