Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AN fittings on stock fuel tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgarrison
Hello World,

Looking to move on to the "fuel system" next after hopefully wrapping up my "cooling system" soon on my 914-Subaru swap.

I'll order a new tank and lines from Tangerine Racing, but I'm curious if anyone has used AN fittings on the stock tank? I've seen a couple conversions that have switched to in-tank pumps using AN fittings, but haven't caught one using the stock fuel outlet/inlet with AN fittings & hoses.

Has anyone done this...? confused24.gif

Thanks!

MikeG in AZ
rhodyguy
Reach out to 76-914 (Kent). He has done a couple of Subaru conversions. He knows the ins and outs.
Steve
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Feb 22 2023, 07:15 AM) *

Hello World,

Looking to move on to the "fuel system" next after hopefully wrapping up my "cooling system" soon on my 914-Subaru swap.

I'll order a new tank and lines from Tangerine Racing, but I'm curious if anyone has used AN fittings on the stock tank? I've seen a couple conversions that have switched to in-tank pumps using AN fittings, but haven't caught one using the stock fuel outlet/inlet with AN fittings & hoses.

Thanks!

MikeG in AZ

Yes, CB Performance sells them. They work great.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3288.htm
willieg
I put a Tanks PA-2 fuel pump into a 914 fuel tank. NPT fittings come with the fuel pump, which I replaced with fittings that were NPT on one end and AN fittings on the other.
willieg
Sorry. Misread the question. My outlet lines are both stock, not with AN fittings.
Van B
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 22 2023, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(mgarrison @ Feb 22 2023, 07:15 AM) *

Hello World,

Thanks!

MikeG in AZ

Yes, CB Performance sells them. They work great.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/3288.htm

They have an AN-6 and an AN-8. I got both, -8 on the outflow to the pump and -6 for the return line. Then 8mm lines from Tangerine racing.
Jack Standz
Had Chris at Tangerine Racing put AN-6 fittings on his stainless fuel lines at the engine compartment side. Thought a leak there would be worse. Running carbs with a return line on that car.

Don't think it'd be easy (or even possible?) to get the fuel lines in with fittings on both ends in the stock location.
mgarrison
Thanks for all the replies & info - much appreciated! pray.gif

I saw Tangerine would weld AN fittings on the ends of their tunnel lines. Was looking for the next links in the chain, and you guys provided options! piratenanner.gif
cholland_
I did this as well, but in a slightly different way as the threads on my tank were in bad shape. I tapped the inside of the tank outlet with a 1/4"NPT thread and used this adapter to AN6: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CPCORK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.