Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dirk2056
[attachmentid=867281

50 year old relay boards connection failed, found a rivet to 25v fuse to fuel pump stops making contact when car runs 10 to 30 min. You can see tar on board melted/destressed.
I tested all connections and nothing. To make sure all rivets were good used nail set and punch to secure all rivets.
What do you recommend to use as potting material? I don't want to not put something in that is difficult to remove later.

What about?
Liquid Electrical Tape,Liquid Insulating High Temperature Glue, Insulating Electrical Tape Glue,Good Insulation,Waterproof Flame, Fast Dry Liquid Electrical Tape (Black)
BeatNavy
I used Liquid Tape on mine when I stripped and repaired it about 8 years ago. I haven't had any issues.
dirk2056
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 22 2023, 05:12 PM) *

I used Liquid Tape on mine when I stripped and repaired it about 8 years ago. I haven't had any issues.

pray.gif Thanks
914Sixer
I did about 75 of them and used FlexSeal. A word of caution. Make sure the relay connectors that are soldered are covered with silicone. Also make double sure you seal where the plastic U clips are going into relay board. You will have a big mess on your hands otherwise..
Van B
I went for it on mine. If I were to do it again, I would spend a little longer shaking the jello get the bubbles out before curing.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=358999&hl=
Puebloswatcop
I used this 2 part mix of flexible epoxy with excellent results. I will also re-itterate to insure that you plug any holes that can allow the liquid to leak through or you will have a heck of a mess to fix.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Van B
I used the same brand but a different product. The eraser I used fit the port perfectly.
930cabman
I have not been on this route yet, but would chose a product as near to the original as available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.