Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
Last night my right headlight failed to pop up so I lifted it manually. Does this mean the motor is shot or is there some some adjustment needed?

Thoughts?

T
John
Did it go down when you turned off the headlights?

Did you check the relay?
ClayPerrine
This should help with the troubleshooting....

How your headlight motors work.

If you jumper the relay from pin 30 to pin 87, the headlight should just start opening and closing constantly.

Hope that helps.
Trevorg7
The last time it worked it went down automatically. This time I used the manual screw to lift it and it did not go down after shutting off the lights.

I haven't checked the relay yet.

T
redshift
Swap relay with a known good relay. No?

While car is running, and lights on, open front trunk, and tap on that light motor... hmm.. with a tapping implement, such as a prosthetic arm, or a wrench.

Anything?

M
merrill
Recently happened to me. There were to wires that disconnected themselves. One exterior and one interior. I just started looking at all connections, the interior wire took a while to find as the symptoms were intermitent after fixing exterior.
rhodyguy
remove the black plastic relay covers in the trunk. switch the round relay from the side that operates to the side that doesn't.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.