Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 and 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pugbug
I found these pics on Top Gear.....Lots of ugly cars there!
Jacques
hid·e·ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (huser posted imageduser posted image-user posted images)
adj.

1. Repulsive, especially to the sight; revoltingly ugly. See Synonyms at ugly.
2. Offensive to moral sensibilities; despicable.

user posted image
MoveQik
Please tell me those are Photoshop jobs. icon8.gif
URY914
I would be more than happy to have a Ruf Yellow Bird. driving.gif

Paul
Brian Mifsud
interesting though that the superchargers' intake is rearward facing...
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Aug 11 2005, 10:41 AM)

Lots of Circle race boats do that to prevent water ingestion....

And w/ the vortex behind the window of a 914, it might get cleaner air that way too...
zymurgist
The yellow 914 is a little bit reminiscent of one that I saw at Carlisle this year. The car at Carlisle had the same huge fender flares and big-ass rear tires, presumably to put the power of the mid-mounted small block Chevy to the pavement. The car I saw at Carlisle looked like the owner had paid a lot of attention to detail.
zymurgist
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Aug 11 2005, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Aug 11 2005, 10:41 AM)

Lots of Circle race boats do that to prevent water ingestion....

And w/ the vortex behind the window of a 914, it might get cleaner air that way too...

The early to mid 1970's Pontiac Trans-Am had a rearward facing hood scoop. GM engineers found that at speed, there was a high pressure area in front of the windshield that they could exploit for a ram-air effect. To get that effect with a forward facing scoop would have required that the scoop tower above the hood, which was a non-starter since tall scoops are illegal on street cars in many states.
GTeener
icon8.gif
Gustl
agree.gif
i love porsche
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 11 2005, 10:25 AM)
I would be more than happy to have a Ruf Yellow Bird. driving.gif

Paul

thats not a yellowbird, its a CTR-2

and this car was a pikes peak hillclimber, thus the large rear wing
Sammy
That "ugly" RUF 911 will do over 200 mph, with 0-60 times of 4 seconds or better. It will also outhandle almost anything on the road. It was set up to take corners at well over 100 mph where there is a 500 foot drop off instead of a wall or curbing. Horesepower ranging from 500 to 650 with 4 wheel drive. I'd love to have a car that hideous in my garage. My eyes see a thing of beauty when I look at it.

As for the 914, I didn't know that they offered a Pep Boys signature version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.