Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick release for stock style/ GT steering wheel ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
I’ve never seen such a set up, probably a good reason why, but I was wondering if a removable steering wheel arrangement could be used on a stock style GT steering wheel (stock wheel w/ hockey puck horn button)? I’m not familiar with what is used for race cars but if someone has one, maybe I could get your thoughts on whether you think it’s do-able or not? ..as a compromise I’d be interested in the same using a Prototipo wheel, though I’d much prefer to use the stock unit less the big oem horn pad.

BillJ
I have the following arrangement on my car which is essentially a prototipo. Have not tried on a stock wheel.
Click to view attachment

As an aside was planning to sell my old setup pictured as well.
Click to view attachment
Literati914
I’ve done a little research and came up with the following unit (recommended for use with momo wheel, at the bird board). It accommodates two different PCD hole spacing for mounting…. my steering wheels are packed away at the moment, and I can’t quite remember how the stock wheel mounts - besides slipping over the steering rod shaft and locked down with a large nut. I’m wondering if there may be some way to attach the stock wheel to a momo adapter (maybe tap the back side of the stock wheel with 6 holes - is that a possibility confused24.gif ) - then attach the Momo adapter to the quick release unit?
https://www.murraymotorsport.com/quick-rele...olt-on-6-hole-4

BillJ
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Feb 24 2023, 11:28 PM) *

I’ve done a little research and came up with the following unit (recommended for use with momo wheel, at the bird board). It accommodates two different PCD hole spacing for mounting…. my steering wheels are packed away at the moment, and I can’t quite remember how the stock wheel mounts - besides slipping over the steering rod shaft and locked down with a large nut. I’m wondering if there may be some way to attach the stock wheel to a momo adapter (maybe tap the back side of the stock wheel with 6 holes - is that a possibility confused24.gif ) - then attach the Momo adapter to the quick release unit?
https://www.murraymotorsport.com/quick-rele...olt-on-6-hole-4

Thats exactly the one i replaced with the rennline unit. If being used for the track regularly i didnt love it. I have two of those in fact. Will likely be listing both soon. I used it in conjunction with the adapter hub from momo and the wheel in my second picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.