Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 windshield top seal deal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Windshield top seal deal until sunday Feb 26th. 91456303910 World’s best 914

windshield top seal precisely manufactured by Juergan our German engineer who also

drives a 914! We just received 500 of them so are offering a celebration of their arrival

with this low low price of only $119.50!. Every 914 owner needs one unless you just replaced yours

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Win...1456303910.html
Aerostatwv
Hello George. Is there a discount code for the cart?

Thanks,
Chris
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Aerostatwv @ Feb 24 2023, 01:40 PM) *

Hello George. Is there a discount code for the cart?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris., just hit the link and it will come up
Montreal914
@dr914 How long has Juergan been your supplier?

I bought one from you in March of 2010 and it would regularly pull out of the windshield frame on hot days when removing the top. And yes I regularly pushed the seal very hard with the palm of my hand to clip it to the frame, but it wouldn't stay on on hot days.

Anyhow, I removed it from my car about three years ago and it was cracked.

Would be interested in knowing if the new one is different...

rhodyguy
unsure.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
All of the seals in 2010 were the German made aftermarket seals, commonly sold at the time.

I also looked in our order history and cannot see any seals send to claremont in 2010. What is your name?

Juergen started much later making a variety of products for us, all top quality

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Feb 24 2023, 08:00 PM) *

@dr914 How long has Juergan been your supplier?

I bought one from you in March of 2010 and it would regularly pull out of the windshield frame on hot days when removing the top. And yes I regularly pushed the seal very hard with the palm of my hand to clip it to the frame, but it wouldn't stay on on hot days.

Anyhow, I removed it from my car about three years ago and it was cracked.

Would be interested in knowing if the new one is different...

Montreal914
Well, people do move... smile.gif

Good to know the quality has improved, but I was disappointed in my purchase throughout its usable life. Maybe this was the best product available at the time. confused24.gif

I expected more from the supposably 914 reference though. Something like; "This is what is available but it is not ideal". People can appreciate and understand these kind of things.

I commented on this issue in 2018 on an existing thread. At the time I had said 2009 out of memory. We never got a full explanation of how that seal was built or why it came off. Anyhow, thread link:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...305&hl=seal

And to confirm my March 2010 purchase, here is the invoice:

Click to view attachment

Mikey914
Hey George, did they co-extrude the top section? That was the biggest issue. They only had one shot to get them on. If you removed the rubber pulled out of the metal clip.

Hopefully you got the mounting holes in the corners that hold the top corners on. URO didn’t.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.