Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: behind the seat space
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BR9
You could fit a grocery bag behind the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyEC1sKR9rE
Shivers
That is handy, a crewcab 914
ClayPerrine
Y'all are funny... that's normal for me. Lots of space behind the seat. All you giraffe people have to suffer with no space. Me, I got lots of it.

My take was that it looked like an original six with the proper column and key location, but it had the 73 2.0 console in it.

mepstein
I used to always keep my backpack behind the seat. Just right.
Jamie
QUOTE(BR9 @ Feb 25 2023, 06:33 AM) *

You could fit a grocery bag behind the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyEC1sKR9rE

He must be a small guy with short legs, like Clay! confused24.gif
Puebloswatcop
Okay, all you tall guys who could reach the pedals from the rear trunk......Us short guys are always looking at ways to make the pedals come to us......lmao av-943.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Feb 25 2023, 02:12 PM) *

Okay, all you tall guys who could reach the pedals from the rear trunk......Us short guys are always looking at ways to make the pedals come to us......lmao av-943.gif

I have a 1 1/2" wood riser block screwed to my clutch pedal
Geezer914
One inch spacers on clutch & brake pedals.
PanelBilly
I’ve been thinking about lowering the floor pan so the seat was bit lower. Hate to cut anything on the car.
mepstein
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 25 2023, 03:57 PM) *

I’ve been thinking about lowering the floor pan so the seat was bit lower. Hate to cut anything on the car.

First try a seat cushion made thinner with high density foam. It can buy you an extra 1/2-1".
wonkipop
914 was designed to accomodate period correct male footwear calvin.gif .

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Okay that is too funny! lol-2.gif av-943.gif
bkrantz
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Feb 25 2023, 12:12 PM) *

And all you tiny guys could trade your 914 for an X1/9 and think you found a 3/4 scale Ferrari.
carr914

This Brumos was modified for Bob Snodgras ( Brumos Owner) with a lowered floor. Bob was a big guy

Click to view attachment
Geezer914
Those platform boots require you to wear red lipstick!
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Feb 25 2023, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Feb 25 2023, 12:12 PM) *

And all you tiny guys could trade your 914 for an X1/9 and think you found a 3/4 scale Ferrari.

lol-2.gif , never thought of that. However since there was a former Ferrari engineer that designed part of the drive train does that count? But a 3/4 scale 914 would be the perfect answer......Hmmmm Food for thought on a future build .......LOL
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 25 2023, 01:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Feb 25 2023, 02:12 PM) *

I have a 1 1/2" wood riser block screwed to my clutch pedal
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 25 2023, 02:16 PM) *

One inch spacers on clutch & brake pedals.

Why????

Y'all have heard about our next door neighbor with the 75 2.0. Well, his wife is shorter than I am, and she can drive his car with no problems.

But if it makes it more comfortable for you, then great!

PanelBilly
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 25 2023, 05:25 PM) *

First try a seat cushion made thinner with high density foam. It can buy you an extra 1/2-1".

Already did that one
technicalninja
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 25 2023, 07:31 PM) *

914 was designed to accomodate period correct male footwear calvin.gif .

Click to view attachment

Real "JE" boots to go with your pistons!
bludden
I can back up the idea that the 914 is not made for short people. With the seat all the way forward I am still getting into a bit of the toe push for the clutch. And the seat is so low I feel like I'm just looking over the steering wheel. I got a nice spine protecting cushion, and now I can handle longer rides with my no padding butt, see out the windshield as the designers intended, and have more correct force on the clutch pedal. I used to be 5'4" but the doctors say I've shrunk to almost 5'2". Amazing how that one change remarkably improved the experience.
Front yard mechanic
The only thing I can fit behind the seat is rust
Root_Werks
I'm 5'6" and wife is 5'4", feel like we fit in the 914 very well. Little room behind the seats which is nice.

driving.gif
JmuRiz
The name is Short Round!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.